well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Question for those who pay attention to Warren

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for those who pay attention to Warren
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Does anyone know if she has ever, in any forum, said what she means by 'canceling' student debt?

I presume she means 'the taxpayers will assume it. we will just add it to our national debt' because literally canceling the debt would be a violation of the contracts clause, one would think. But with her you can't be sure, she regularly proposes things that assume a constitutional change. (e.g. electoral college dissolution).

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
What do you figure the chances are of getting ANY change to the constitution through at this point? You'd be more likely to win Powerball.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13558 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Agreed, as things sit today. But the current status quo simply can't remain. I don't know how things will resolve, if I'm being honest. There are many scenarios where our current two-party, compromise system will simply cease to exist. What those scenarios will actually be is unknown, but there are few of them I think are good. One alternative is that the current crop of inert congresspeople get voted out, slowly but surely. And, of course, many of them are not getting any younger and may choose to depart on their own. We've certainly seen a lot of GOP announcing their upcoming retirements.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post