well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I did it again
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I did it again
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted

Rachel did the back this time.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

I just got my order of texturizing shears in the mail, so now my hair tools arsenal is complete. I plan to get another home haircut at the beginning of June. I even put it on my calendar! Ole

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Only one woman has cut my hair for the past 26 or so years -- except one time I couldn't get hold of her for weeks and I had to go to another place and the woman did a horrible job. She has a booth in a salon, so she's self-employed. She's been out of work for two months now. She said that the state told them that anyone caught cutting hair at a salon or even at their or a customer's home is subject to a minimum $1000 fine (per haircut) and possible jail time. She says she won't risk it.

I check in with her every couple weeks. She's hanging by a thread. I offered to pay in advance for my next cut. She didn't reply. But she said the thing she's most worried about is the long-term, if people figure out that they can cut, color, perm, and whatever at home, she's out of work. I reassured her that as soon as she can open again, people will be lined up (six feet apart, of course) to get those horrible cuts fixed.

I told her I wouldn't try to cut my own... I'm saving myself for her.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
My first home hair cut was much better than expected, so I'm afraid we may not go back to our hair stylist for a very long time. Besides the fact that my goal will be to cut out and all risks that I can, anything that we can do ourselves, we will do ourselves.

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
jon looks good
I clippered my own. Bob did the back.
Used the guard that leaves the longest hair at 13mm.
Despite that I look like a convict.

No, no picture is available.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Mine is always shaggy, but now it's shaggy with dead ends.

I confess that some of the frizziness is due to the fact that I'm experimenting with trying to dye it purple. Why not? Quirt says that he likes purple and nobody else sees it except for my descendants on FaceTime, and the adult female contingent of my children and bonus children is all for the idea of Purple Mimi. There is a Messenger thread with advice from my daughters, Quirt's daughters, and my daughter-in law on how to go purple. So far, I have purple patches, but not the all-over highlights I'm aiming for, and the dye is drying out the ends.

Last night, I just stood in front of the mirror, picked up stray curls here and there and snipped off the frizzy ends.

I don't think it looks much different, but the frizzle factor is slightly lower.

There's still a lot of frizz, but I think this needs to be something I do a little bit at a time.

There will only be pics if I achieve the elegant purple streaks of my dreams.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Purple?

I must be missing something...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
MA that sounds cool!! Also, coloring is hard!!

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Purple will be really cool, especially if it perks up the gray and doesn’t show much on the dark. I’d wear that!

Mr. AM is starting to look a little shaggy again. I’m afraid that his first haircut was beginner’s luck on my part. We’ll find out next week or so when we try again.

My hair is getting really long; I’m afraid of what might happens when it hits my shoulders. Do I dare get it cut when Phase 1 reopening happens?

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Nah, just have Mr AM give it a go. lol

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
After we were all done cutting my hair, and I washed it and styled it, Mr. SK confessed to me that the whole thing was very stressful for him!! he was worried he would make my hair look awful! ROTFLMAO

BTW I don't think I posted any of my hair cut pics here...

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Here's the before pic:

Here are the after pics:

We are going to cut it again soon so that it doesn't grow out more and make it harder to keep like this.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO
I like the big hair!!

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Lookin good Jon. No surprise.

I’ve cut my own hair for maybe 5 years. Of course I dont have a lot to cut. The secret for me is snip a small bit at a time by feel not sight.

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17671 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like the big hair!!

TBH so do I. She's so cute, I wonder how old she was in that photo...