Find
Notify
Tools

Oops
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Noises and altercations coming from the house next door are common. Domestic problems that are decades old but I suspect dementia is kicking in for at least one of the residents and things are escalating. Over the last year we've seen a lot of police cars and ambulances at the residence.

Heard a noise and someone yelling at their house earlier this morning. Didn't think much of it; happens all the time. Neighbor who lives behind me called and described what she was looking at from her kitchen window.

That's the back wall of the garage. Or at least what's left of it.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37761 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Blink

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yikes! Eeker

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34836 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Oops indeed. One heckuva "accident." Or was it ...

Posts: 12501 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
No clue. Just about anything is possible. You couldn't possibly imagine how complicated things are over there...

What's really remarkable is that there's a 4 inch high, 4 foot deep apron across that back wall of the garage, so a car would have had to have jumped it and maintained enough momentum to crash through the wall. It's possible someone was pulling in from the driveway, but for a lot of reasons, I think not. More likely to have been from a standing start inside the garage.

Police were here. Again (third time this week). Not sure if the residents called them, or if one of our neighbors did.

I talked to the neighbor who lives on the other side of them and he says he can see cracks in the bricks on the adjoining (still intact) wall. It's a split level and there's no living space above the garage, so there is that. There's no way the garage is structurally stable.

Since the cops were here, I'm guessing they'll be calling in the Building Department to assess the situation.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37761 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Are you sure it was a blow from outside (car crashing into wall)? Could it have been an explosion from within (meth lab gone wrong)?

Posts: 12501 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness!!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18313 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Makes me thankful for domestic tranquility.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13520 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Are you sure it was a blow from outside (car crashing into wall)? Could it have been an explosion from within (meth lab gone wrong)?

They say never say never, but in this case I'm nearly 100 percent sure it was the car.

It's parked on their driveway now, though I can't see the front end of the car. I'll let you know for sure after I go out for my walk later today.... Big Grin

Bazootiehead-in-training

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Was that a crash though a brick wall, or through a plastic garage door? Some of the brick collapsed, so I'm not sure.

If the former, the car won't have much of a front end ...

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Makes me thankful for domestic tranquility.

Amen, Brother Mik.

I've been at the receiving end of her diatribes off and on over the years to the point that I couldn't be out in my yard when she was in hers, but obviously I don't have to live with her. Her spouse does, and he's been getting the brunt of it for 30 plus years.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Was that a crash though a brick wall, or through a plastic garage door? Some of the brick collapsed, so I'm not sure.

If the former, the car won't have much of a front end ...

Through a brick wall. You can't really see it, but some of the 2x4 framing is broken and bowed out. It needs a 4x4 support in there pronto to keep the whole thing from collapsing. There is no wallboard on the inside of the garage either, just bare studs.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Jesus.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20411 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yikes. Though you mentioned that dementia might be in the picture now, so there's always that (sad) cause... person gets into the car, switches into drive like they've done a jillion times, stomps on the gas and plows through the garage wall.

Still, most definitely not a tranquil situation. We've had less than ideal neighbors but nothing like your situation, wtg. Frowner

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Jesus.

Channeling Jon, are we ... Wink