well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Wondrium

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wondrium
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
Wondrium.com

A new channel with courses from Art to Music to Travel and Culture.
The Music courses cover a variety of music from classical piano to ukulele lessons.
March 24 Rhiannon Giddens begins a 10 part course on the banjo.
I set it up through Roku in order to watch on the tv screen. I don't know all the ways to use the channel. Will start the free trial closer to time to watch the banjo course.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Wondrium is owned by the same company as The Great Courses.

You buy GC courses rather than pay a monthly streaming fee. You get access to the online videos for one price, or for $10 more, you get the online version plus the DVDs.

GC's prices are crazy but they also have sales. Of course. A $350 course for $25 for the online version, $35 for the online and DVD.

My library provides free access to The Great Courses via Kanopy, sort of free Wondrium. There's a rotating selection of courses to watch.

More about Wondrium and The Great Courses:

https://edwize.org/wondrium-vs-the-great-courses/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thank you.
The monthly or annual fee for Wondrium caused me to hesitate.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post