well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Flattened.
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flattened.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Since Tuesday with a super nasty respiratory virus so I’ve been binging on Amazon Prime. I really liked “The Devil’s Hour”. And I started watching “The Peripheral” (but could’nt really binge, new episodes come out every Friday). What are you all watching?

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear to hear that a bad bug caught up with you…

Can’t help you on bingeable series, but if you’re looking for something to break up the binges, I enjoyed the documentary The Mystery of Agatha Christie with David Suchet.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The Watcher. Netflix. One season.

Hope you feel better!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I loved Kevin Can F^^k Himself. Very original storytelling and Annie Murphy is absolutely brilliant.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4082 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
My son gave me the Amazon Prime version of the last Season of "Better Call Saul". I'd just finished the 5th Season on Netflix and the frustration was killing me. I knew I couldn't see the rest free for two years and by then I'd have forgotten the whole story line.

What a relief! I've lost too many stories because of how the streaming services dangle you
(Amazon Prime has found the nasty trick of offering only the last six episodes of a 13 season show). Then I wasted around hours trying to extricate myself from AMC+ (whatever that is) which was supposedly in touch with a service streaming the Saul season I wanted.

I think son gave it to me because he just didn't have time to help me escape their coding snares. One of those deals where you get 7 days free, but you can never find the way out of their labyrinth. Usually I manage by calendar notes, but this was impossible. (And yet if I hadn't managed to cancel, they'd have automatically billed me almost $100 for the whole remaining year!)

Note they didn't even offer the Saul Season I wanted. Their little Bot said I'd have to sign up - "but it's free" - to find out whether they were even showing Season 6 of Saul as it said online.

(Answer, this was Teen Vampire Bonanza week.)

They're diabolically brilliant.

PS Saul is still lots of fun to watch - at least as good as Breaking Bad, except that some of the characters completely change personality across episodes - guess new writers had intriguing ideas and took liberties.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
PS Get well, Jodie! For someone as strong and energetic as you, I can't figure out why you're such a pushover for germs! No fair!

But you could wrestle those Costco carts and lift gargantuan cake pans like an Amazon.

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Also about to finish up "Upstairs Downstairs" with other son on Zoom. Only two episodes to go (the characters visibly age, the series is so long).

Very tense watching them go through historical disasters where we know what's up ahead and they haven't a clue. (They must be about to do the Depression in only two episodes.)

We've loved that show. A great way to stay in touch with far away kids.

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Feel better, Jodi!

My wife picked up a bug too…she’d gone to a fundraising luncheon with a friend. Big banquet room, few masks. She’s alternately flattened and functional. She’s been watching some multi-episode show about a woman who disappeared from a fishing village in New England, and the effort to find out what happened. I’ve popped in to watch here and there, but I’m not really following it.

I have avoided catching what she has. I took my usual homeopathic pills ASAP and that may be why.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I’m not usually around groups of people indoors, but I went to a function at the stable a couple of Saturdays ago and the food was in a small tack room where everyone was gathering to stay warm! Pretty sure there were some coughing children in there. We’ve been pretty mask free here in Montana for awhile, but I’m going to start wearing one again. Apparently the virus that causes Croup is going around town with a vengeance and they think that’s what I have. Very serious in small children and it hasn’t been all that nice to me. Fever, really sore throat and an uncontrollable cough, though fever seems to have subsided today. I take almost no medication normally (meds for the occasional migraine) but currently the table next to the recliner looks like a pharmacy! And I’m missing out on the last of the nice fall weather which bums me out. Plus I had to cancel the flight I was supposed to take to visit mom today. (She’s not doing very well). So will reschedule that as soon as I feel better. Thanks for listening to my whining!

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
TV isn't my thing.

Feel better soon, Jodi!

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
I’m not usually around groups of people indoors, but I went to a function at the stable a couple of Saturdays ago and the food was in a small tack room where everyone was gathering to stay warm! Pretty sure there were some coughing children in there. We’ve been pretty mask free here in Montana for awhile, but I’m going to start wearing one again. Apparently the virus that causes Croup is going around town with a vengeance and they think that’s what I have. Very serious in small children and it hasn’t been all that nice to me. Fever, really sore throat and an uncontrollable cough, though fever seems to have subsided today. I take almost no medication normally (meds for the occasional migraine) but currently the table next to the recliner looks like a pharmacy! And I’m missing out on the last of the nice fall weather which bums me out. Plus I had to cancel the flight I was supposed to take to visit mom today. (She’s not doing very well). So will reschedule that as soon as I feel better. Thanks for listening to my whining!

Ugh. I can so picture this. Montana has been pretty lax about Covid from the get-go, but lately people are acting like it no longer exists at all. Mr. Pique is retiring Dec 2 and I dread what might happen at his retirement party. (He is now getting lax, too.)

Even if it isn't Covid, I certainly don't miss getting whatever is going around. Masks for me, too!

Feel better asap, Jodi!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Feeling a little worse today, so going to the drugstore drive-through for a pcr test shortly. Frowner

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Grandson came over for a piano lesson yesterday.

This morning my daughter tells me he tested positive for Covid this morning. Ugh.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Omg! Hoping you don’t catch it!

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Thanks, will do a home test soon. No symptoms other than being a big tired (which could happen for many reasons). Grandson had a fever.