Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Given the general behaviour of law enforcement I would say her explanation makes way more sense than the far right spin on it.

--------------------------------
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
The Democrats are deeply corrupt and can't think of anything to do but PR stunts in conjunction with fund raising.

Democrats could have attempted to codify Roe into law. They talked about it for many years.

This battle is already lost.

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Just curious, Daniel, is it purely AOC’s mannerism or theatrics, or is there a specific policy stance that AOC has taken that makes you despise her so much?

Posts: 12691 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Well, Ax, I wish, "beneath esteem," were a colloquialism.

Yes, in essence, I think she's a "fake." Yes, I think her PR stunts are stupid.

Let's put this in perspective. She beat the number four Democrat in the House. This got my attention (and that of many others), of course.

She's done nothing, and I mean nothing, except to capitulate to Nancy Pelosi.

I don't believe AOC has any principles.

But this would hardly make her unique among politicians.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I reserve my burning hatred for people who would eliminate American democracy and steer the nation into racist, "Christian" white (and isolationist) nationalism. My anger goes to glib politicians who transfer massive amounts of wealth from the poor and middle class to the wealthiest 1% while conning the racist, white nationalist base into thinking it's all about "freedom."

AOC just gets a shrug.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I reserve my burning hatred for people who would eliminate American democracy and steer the nation into racist, "Christian" white (and isolationist) nationalism. My anger goes to glib politicians who transfer massive amounts of wealth from the poor and middle class to the wealthiest 1% while conning the racist, white nationalist base into thinking it's all about "freedom."

AOC just gets a shrug.

+1

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:
Given the general behaviour of law enforcement I would say her explanation makes way more sense than the far right spin on it.

Then why did she raise her fist? Her comment makes a mockery of actual police violence.

Putting your hands behind your back whether or not you're handcuffed?

Your hands would be behind your back if you were handcuffed.