well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Biden selection down to four?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Biden selection down to four?
 Login/Join
 
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Biden does not need Bottoms to turn out the black vote. He has Obama.

He needs someone who can be on a national stage with Pence for 90 minutes and defend Biden and herself. Pence is a master debater and liar. Remember, there were many people who turned away from buttigieg because of his lack of experience.

And what happens if there is another shooting and mayhem in Atlanta? Does she leave the campaign trail? Cant you just imagine the law and order Trumo ads claiming the Biden administration will make riots the norm?

It's a hard pass.
 
Posts: 18880 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I want turnout.


This is my main concern.

Biden is so.... low-energy when he talks. I can't stand it. I think of my 20-something students, they need someone who will energize them. Biden is not doing it.

Can Harris do it? I don't know, I have hardly ever seen video of her (I've mostly only read about her).

Under different circumstances, I would say Warren could do that, but as Quirt and many others point out, she too close in age to Biden, and she may be a polarizing force that will turn away centrist voters...

I don't know. I don't know who the right choice is yet, but I sure how they get this right. There is far too much at stake now.


--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

 
Posts: 14131 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Minor Deity
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I actively dislike Kamala harris. The prosecutor personality is not what the moment calls for. I wish Warren was a few years younger, but I think she more than makes up for that because the diehard Berners say they will vote for her, and Biden already has the mainstreamers and the black vote sewn up.


--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

 
Posts: 19826 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I had missed your post Cindy...


quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
He needs someone who can be on a national stage with Pence for 90 minutes and defend Biden and herself. Pence is a master debater and liar.


Indeed!

quote:
And what happens if there is another shooting and mayhem in Atlanta? Does she leave the campaign trail? Cant you just imagine the law and order Trumo ads claiming the Biden administration will make riots the norm?


Yikes, good point!

Can you maybe call the Biden campaign and fill them in on these details? I think they need you...


--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

 
Posts: 14131 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
I had missed your post Cindy...


quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
He needs someone who can be on a national stage with Pence for 90 minutes and defend Biden and herself. Pence is a master debater and liar.


Indeed!



I don't think Pence is that smart. His main talents are being a human barnacle and being a terrific liar. Meaning, he can stick to a script, but his ability to respond to a curveball ... I just don't see it.

There are plenty of smart conservatives who can claim to be terrific debaters. Newt Gingrich, Ted Cruz for starters. But Pence? Please.
 
Posts: 44204 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
I actively dislike Kamala harris. The prosecutor personality is not what the moment calls for. I wish Warren was a few years younger, but I think she more than makes up for that because the diehard Berners say they will vote for her, and Biden already has the mainstreamers and the black vote sewn up.


For that segment, Stacey Abrams would have been the right choice, but it was decided that the choice had to be someone with more executive experience. Bottoms, Harris, Warren, and Duckworth have all actually run something big.
 
Posts: 44204 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
I actively dislike Kamala harris. The prosecutor personality is not what the moment calls for.


+1


--------------------------------
After seeing how some people wear their masks I can understand how contraception fails.



 
Posts: 22355 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
I had missed your post Cindy...


quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
He needs someone who can be on a national stage with Pence for 90 minutes and defend Biden and herself. Pence is a master debater and liar.


Indeed!



I don't think Pence is that smart. His main talents are being a human barnacle and being a terrific liar. Meaning, he can stick to a script, but his ability to respond to a curveball ... I just don't see it.

There are plenty of smart conservatives who can claim to be terrific debaters. Newt Gingrich, Ted Cruz for starters. But Pence? Please.


By "master debater," I mean slippery debater.

He definitely beat Kain in the 2016 BP debate. He came across as smooth.

He is very good at sliding away from tough questions, not getting pinned down, speaking calmly so people kind of figure he must be being straight with them.

You do not have to be "smart" to do those things. You simply have to be willing to say whatever needs to be said to achieve the goal, regardless of its truth.

I would bet if you did a poll to judge the truthfulness of Trump and Pence, Pence would score much higher in truthfulness. But not because he is more truthful.
 
Posts: 18880 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

    well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Biden selection down to four?