well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Elizabeth Warren
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elizabeth Warren
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I am so discouraged that we continue to have this sort of argument. Yes, of course you are well within your rights to not vote, but ultimately our choices are limited to whoever makes it on the final ballot. In my mind, virtually anyone is preferable than Trump, and simply withholding my vote doesn't make sense. I will actively vote against Trump. Full stop. (Please don't start throwing out ridiculous hypotheticals... would you vote for Hitler instead of Trump....? Roll Eyes )

Anyhow, I live in a blue state and I will definitely vote. I'm also concerned that the idea that you won't cast a vote for the top of the ticket leads to simply sitting out an election, and there are other important races, initiatives, bonds, etc., that are likely to be on the ballot.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Not a worry in my case. I would never forego an opportunity to vote against Trump. Or Warren.

Also I’m one of those people who votes in all the elections, even village stuff.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Not a worry in my case. I would never forego an opportunity to vote against Trump. Or Warren.

Also I’m one of those people who votes in all the elections, even village stuff.

Why are you so dead set against Warren?

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21337 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:

posted 18 June 2019 07:43 PM Hide Post
Mmmm, I'm giving her a second look. As best I can tell, she has charisma, and charisma wins elections

Hmmm. I just took a look at her NYT video interview, and I do not see charisma. Her personality is grating. Her voice is grating. I might agree with her 100 percent but I won't find out because I can't stand to listen to her.

The field just dramatically narrowed for me after listening to the interviews (I didn't listen to all of them, and Biden--in his arrogance?--declined to be interviewed as part of this series).

I had hoped to like Bullock better. He's very good on issues and presentation. But Buttigieg is head and tails above the lot of them.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21337 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I would have no difficulty voting for Warren.

quote:
“What Warren has tapped into is that to most Democrats, it’s not about ideology [or] liberalism, it's about the economy’s out of balance. Nibbling around the edges and offering stale, old Democratic ideas of raising the minimum wage and shoring up Medicare and Social Security are just insufficient to dealing with the scale and scope of the problems we're facing in our economy,” said Dan Gerstein

Warren Emerges as Potential Compromise Nominee

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10569 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
And of course Sanders is again attacking the Democrats after that article came out. Roll Eyes

He twits:

"The cat is out of the bag. The corporate wing of the Democratic Party is publicly "anybody but Bernie." They know our progressive agenda of Medicare for All, breaking up big banks, taking on drug companies and raising wages is the real threat to the billionaire class."

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10569 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
quote:

posted 18 June 2019 07:43 PM Hide Post
Mmmm, I'm giving her a second look. As best I can tell, she has charisma, and charisma wins elections

Hmmm. I just took a look at her NYT video interview, and I do not see charisma. Her personality is grating. Her voice is grating. I might agree with her 100 percent but I won't find out because I can't stand to listen to her.

The field just dramatically narrowed for me after listening to the interviews (I didn't listen to all of them, and Biden--in his arrogance?--declined to be interviewed as part of this series).

I had hoped to like Bullock better. He's very good on issues and presentation. But Buttigieg is head and tails above the lot of them.

Because, for reasons I do not pretend to understand, crowds go crazy for her.

And to the extent I have heard her explain a position, she is really good at putting things into words people can understand and get behind. She is very concrete. I think that could be why it lands.

So I am watching . . .

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
And of course Sanders is again attacking the Democrats after that article came out. Roll Eyes

He twits:

"The cat is out of the bag. The corporate wing of the Democratic Party is publicly "anybody but Bernie." They know our progressive agenda of Medicare for All, breaking up big banks, taking on drug companies and raising wages is the real threat to the billionaire class."

Ego, ego, ego.

He’s going to make the eventual Democratic nominee unelectable ... maybe even if it’s him.

You’d think he’d understand that four more years of Trump would hurt the very people he claims to care about ... but his self-interest is more important to him.

Posts: 45737 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Meh.

Bernie has no chance.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I liked Bernie when I read ABOUT him. Once I heard him speak, I couldn't stand to listen anymore...

More importantly, I'd like to see someone who will not just want us to forget about the past. I understand why Obama didn't want to investigate
Bush/Cheney and company, but I hope the next president runs on holding people accountable for their actions. Consequences for behavior. Investigate all if there has been any hint of shady dealings.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Does someone want to start a Bernie thread?

I just want to talk about Elizabeth Warren.

I'm happy to give my opinion about Bernie, for the record.

I ignored him in 2016.

Ego, ego, ego, as Quirt said above.

I don't know what else to say.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post