well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A world where humans live among giant animals

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A world where humans live among giant animals
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
This mysterious Japanese artist, who goes by the pseudonym of Ariduka55, or Monokubo, on social media channels, creates otherwordly illustrations that breathe life into a completely new fantasy world where giant animals live and evolve alongside humans.

Monokubo is a 24-year-old artist from Japan got an idea of giant animals from Studio Ghibli. "It came from "Princess Mononoke" and "Totoro". I liked drawing pictures in such style since a young age," MonoKubo shared with Bored Panda. The artist finds her inspiration in "Natural landscapes and various illustrations, for example, I like Piotr Jabłoński's work."

It seems the artist likes to indulge herself with illustrations that depict soft and cuddly animals - pandas, rabbits, dogs and the like - although, it's pretty evident that the cats are the apples of the artist's eye. The atmosphere in the pictures is almost always etherial and peaceful, complete with story-telling elements in their compositions. Many of the illustrations are marked with soft sunshine filtering through various objects, including leaves and windows.

Fun fact, the Japanese even have a word for sunlight streaming through the leaves of the trees - komorebi (木漏れ日). It's a term for a light curtain and the shadow it creates on the ground, a term that eloquently describes this everyday beauty.

https://www.boredpanda.com/gia...utm_campaign=organic

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
the Japanese even have a word for sunlight streaming through the leaves of the trees - komorebi (木漏れ日)
Ooo, I like that term. Looking only at the characters I recognize:
木 — in Chinese this character means “wood” (by extension, also “plant” or “tree” depending on context)
漏 — leaking, leak (noun), leakage
れ — Japanese character, not sure what it means
日 — the sun
Even without actually knowing that third word, the compound term makes sense: sun (ray) that leaks through the wood/plant/tree.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post