well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Conservative vs. Gay

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Conservative vs. Gay
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Heh. There's nothing wrong coming out as conservative. It's when you're a racist, xenophobic, homophobic, misogynistic, cruel, dishonest, cheating, hypocritical sleaze bucket --or that you support one--that there's a problem.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10570 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
Heh. There's nothing wrong coming out as conservative. It's when you're a racist, xenophobic, homophobic, misogynistic, cruel, dishonest, cheating, hypocritical sleaze bucket --or that you support one--that there's a problem.

Trump presents a very simplistic face on conservatism and it's easy to slam dunk on that face all day, when playing pop culture and politics. But those slam dunks don't actually score real points that change real votes.

But slam dunking is so fun.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes :rollseye:

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Trumpism isn’t conservative so much as - for lack of a better word - townie. I’ll concede there is some overlap between the two world views. But not as much as is commonly assumed.

Having said all that, we’ve kind of made the original tweeter’s point here.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
So, uhm, Horace, are you a Conservative? Would you like to talk about it?

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Trumpism isn’t conservative so much as - for lack of a better word - townie. I’ll concede there is some overlap between the two world views. But not as much as is commonly assumed.

The point isn’t remotely hyperbolic here in the Bay Area. To the extent anybody actually cares, being gay lends a certain social credibility. While voting republican is basically a social death sentence. In fact I’ve seen many times progressives go out of their way to encourage like minded folk to socially shun those they disagree with. It’s a way for people to stroke their bully gene while maintaining a righteous facade. Lots of people enjoy being bullies as long as they think they can get away with it.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
So, uhm, Horace, are you a Conservative? Would you like to talk about it?

I did not vote for Trump.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Horace:
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:

The point isn’t remotely hyperbolic here in the Bay Area. To the extent anybody actually cares, being gay lends a certain social credibility. While voting republican is basically a social death sentence. In fact I’ve seen many times progressives go out of their way to encourage like minded folk to socially shun those they disagree with. It’s a way for people to stroke their bully gene while maintaining a righteous facade. Lots of people enjoy being bullies as long as they think they can get away with it.

There are lots of people like that. They are variously motivated by politics or particular issues.

It's behavior that's as old as humankind.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37881 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post