well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I think I'll take a pass on this one

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think I'll take a pass on this one
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:

Relive the sound of the 80s with a Bluetooth cassette player

Perfect for listening to those Bon Jovi mix tapes.

If you find that having your music in good quality, being able to skip tracks with fast forwarding and fitting all your media onto one device is just too convenient, then we've got good news: Cassette tapes are making a comeback.

NINM Lab is introducing the "world's first Bluetooth portable cassette player," an update of the classic Sony Walkman that will play the collection of cassette tapes you still have buried at the back of your closet.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/...oth-cassette-player/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Ah, no, thanks.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I'll never forget that background hiss, and the thrill of having to extract miles of tape from the player when there was a jam.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34965 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
If you had pro-level cassette players, there was no hiss, if you kept the heads, rollers, and capstan immaculate clean.

That being said, pro-level gear was, and still is, ridiculously expensive.

I will stick with with records as my main listening medium. Those newfangled cassettes seem like they are more hassle, than they are worth. Big Grin

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
No cassettes for me.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25705 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markj:
Those newfangled cassettes seem like they are more hassle, than they are worth. Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34965 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post