well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Interesting New Yorker article on Cohen's testimony

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting New Yorker article on Cohen's testimony
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted
An interesting read, but the first sentence is beautiful.

quote:
A defining trait of Donald Trump—and, thereby, of Trumpism—has been abiding avarice frustrated by an equal level of incompetence.

The most surprising element of Michael Cohen's testimony (paywall)

The element? Cohen's playbook was to confess and show remorse, which is almost unheard of among folks who've associated with Trump. Will it work? I guess time will tell. I suspect the response to that question will be as bipartisan as anything else associated with Trump.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
There is a paywall, but you get a few free articles....

I didn't learn anything new about Trump during Cohen's testimony that I didn't already suspect. I just heard it from someone close enough to him to confirm it.

Sad.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
great kicker, too:

"He was like a man shouting at a crowd to get off the sidewalk because there’s a drunken driver headed its way—stricken by the fact that he helped hand that driver the keys."

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yep. I really enjoyed reading the article.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post