well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Olivia de Havilland turns 104

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Olivia de Havilland turns 104
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
She’s 104! The last remaining star of Old Hollywood. Even better, she was recently photographed riding a bicycle.

https://variety.com/2020/film/...the-wind-1234694602/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Love it.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Back when I was a kid, she was referred to as the last surviving major star from Gone with the Wind. However, in a timely update, Hattie McDaniel (who played Mammy) is also still alive but I guess didn't count, despite having won an Oscar for her performance.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
104 wow
A large number of Southern women saw themselves as the reincarnation of Scarlett O'Hara.
They became easy to spot but not always easy to avoid.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Back when I was a kid, she was referred to as the last surviving major star from Gone with the Wind. However, in a timely update, Hattie McDaniel (who played Mammy) is also still alive but I guess didn't count, despite having won an Oscar for her performance.

Wikipedia says that Hattie McDaniel died in 1952.

This is not to say that she wasn't treated terribly in her lifetime.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
RIP Olivia.

quote:
Olivia de Havilland, one of the last remaining stars from the Golden Age of Hollywood, has died at the age of 104....

At the time of her death, De Havilland was the oldest living performer to have won an Oscar. She died of natural causes at her home in the French capital, her publicist said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53546021

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
RIP.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post