well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Impeachment - next steps

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Impeachment - next steps
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
U.S. Sen. Susan Collins of Maine told reporters on Friday that she is working with a “fairly small group” of fellow Republican senators toward a goal of ensuring witnesses can be called in the chamber’s impeachment trial of President Donald Trump.

https://bangordailynews.com/20...r#Echobox=1578678157

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37872 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Nice goal. Won't happen, but she'll be covered at home.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
It's crazy to me that this is where we've arrived. Of course there should be witnesses in the Senate trial, and those witnesses should reflect the desires of both parties or, more accurately, have relevant information necessary to make an informed decision. The total stonewalling over basic constitutional procedures on partisan grounds is ridiculous.

I can already hear the arguments: It's politicized already, "we" didn't start it, etc. Who cares? What's wrong is wrong, no matter who does it, and stonewalling an impeachment trial is wrong.

As an aside, McConnell and his followers wouldn't even be qualified to sit on a civil jury following the statements they've already made. Imagine a potential jury member saying, "I've already made up my mind, I'm planning on blocking anyone who disagrees with me, I don't need to hear from any witnesses, and I've already been working with the defendant on how to get him acquitted." Insane.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
That's pretty much how you got the articles to begin with. Pot, meet kettle.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Could you elaborate on that, Mik?

Honest request. I want to understand how you view this.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37872 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Sure. The house stonewalled anyone from the GOP from saying anything in rebuttal at all. Now it's the Senate's turn.

And to try to stand on 'wrong is wrong' after three solid years of attempting to overturn an election by any means possible is ridiculous. I don't love Trump but I also don't think anything he has done is any worse than what the Democrats have been doing from the campaign through present.

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Sure. The house stonewalled anyone from the GOP from saying anything in rebuttal at all. Now it's the Senate's turn.

And to try to stand on 'wrong is wrong' after three solid years of attempting to overturn an election by any means possible is ridiculous. I don't love Trump but I also don't think anything he has done is any worse than what the Democrats have been doing from the campaign through present.

I disagree. He has done a lot WRONG since he has been in office.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:

I hear you, but there was stonewalling on all sides. The WH refused to allow people to testify, and the House/Dems basically said, "fine, then you can't get your people either." Political machinations to be sure, but not one sided.

I'm curious about your statement that nothing he has done is worse than what the Dems have done... Do you mean that literally, or only from a political maneuvering point of view?

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Literally.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Well then, we will have to agree to disagree.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Well, that was civil.

Big Grin

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
If you had the ability to read thought bubbles, you might have a different opinion. Big Grin

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
H8R. ROTFLMAO