well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Ever heard of a Kouign Amann?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever heard of a Kouign Amann?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted
Neither had I. Found them on Market Wagon, the local foods distributor I have been using for a few months. Got my weekly delivery yesterday. They are absolutely delicious, not overly sweet, but all the richness and flakiness of a croissant. Try them if you can find them.

"A Kouign Amann is a sweet pastry. I would describe it as a "caramelized croissant."

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13558 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Omgosh, I want some. Smiler

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Wow. That's right up my alley.

I had never heard of it and looked it up.

quote:
Kouign-amann is a Breton cake, described in the New York Times as "the fattiest pastry in all of Europe." The name comes from the Breton language words for cake and butter. It is a round multi-layered cake, originally made with bread dough, containing layers of butter and sugar folded in, similar in fashion to puff pastry albeit with fewer layers.

what's not to love?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
More from Eater:

https://www.eater.com/2016/4/1...astry-france-america

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
"caramelized croissant."

Sounds yummy!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Eating one as I write this. Great stuff.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13558 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Sure, rub it in.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
https://www.allrecipes.com/rec...271049/kouign-amann/

Video is worth watching. though his (whatever it’s called when your voice goes up and down as you talk) cracked me up.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I just had an awesome BLT sandwich. Picked up a gorgeous heirloom tomato yesterday on my once-weekly trip for groceries.

Pays to be old; I got to go during senior hours.

I would post a picture of the sandiwch but I didn't think of that in time.

*burp*

Bazootiehead-in-training