well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    New View and Window Tint

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New View and Window Tint
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
A crew worked twelve hours yesterday and got all the new windows in. They will return today to hopefully finish the work.
The afternoon sun makes it necessary to keep the blinds closed. The morning sun does the same on the east side.
The windows are supposed to be better at not transmitting heat, but I have no doubt the high altitude sun will make the place too hot. The morning sun has already made it too hot. Will be opening windows and the sliding doors.
Any experience with window tinting will be appreciated.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I just looked in to this.

There are 3 kinds - regular, metallic, and ceramic. We have the regular stuff at our house and it’s held up fine for 25 years, but we put up for glare. Metallic and ceramic are supposed to block more heat but they’re more expensive.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34949 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post