well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Hey, Steve... as long as you're here (and I can't hug you)...

Do you know anything about battery/tool compatibility between B&D, DeWalt, and WORX? I understand they are all the same company and all use the name "20V MAX" on their batteries and tools. They look similar from the pictures. Are they interchangeable?

I don't know, but I found this on the net:

quote:
They use very, very, similar battery connections that have been designed specifically to be incompatible. They don’t want a tradesman who already has some DeWalt 18v tools deciding that one kind of tool isn’t critical and they won’t use it very often so they buy the cheap Black & Decker one and use their DeWalt batteries in it. And they don’t want long-lasting Dewalt batteries to work in low-end tools. The low-end tools have to have short battery life.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34916 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Figgers.

Thanks.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Now in the prize catalog they have a big DeWalt set with a drill, impact driver, recip saw, circular saw, and a flashlight plus two batteries and a charger. It's a lot of points. Frequently, I've found that if I use my points to get a gift card, I can get the same thing for fewer points by getting gift cards and buying the same thing at Home Despot.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
I use Bose QuietComfort 20 for air travel.
And I pretty much use noise-canceling earbuds only for air travel.
As I sit in the airport typing this, I just realized that I have left my QC20 at home. Mad

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
On a slightly opposite note, Bose also has a set of ... things ... called Soundwear. You wear them on your shoulders, around your neck, like a collar. They project sound upward toward your ears.

They are the best thing ever! The sound is terrific, you don't get the feeling of isolation like you get when you're wearing headphones, and (this may be my problem only) your ears don't get hot and you don't have to stick anything in your ears. Also great for car trips, because they don't prevent ambient noise from entering, so they're safer when you need to hear stuff around you, and they sound so much better than a car stereo!

Also possibly a problem just for me ... I tend to like to have the television louder than is comfortable for Mary Anna. When we are both watching, that can be an issue. If it's only me (or if she's asleep), I just run the television through my neckphones, and I can have it at the volume I like without disturbing Mary Anna.

Posts: 45737 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’ve been listening to music on my new headphones all day. I just figured out that to activate the noise cancelling function I have to flick a switch.

Wow! What a difference! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34916 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post