well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Attended a conference.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attended a conference.
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted
Attended a 9-1-1 conference this week. Exhibited our system and came home with 3 solid prospects. Not bad for a conference attendance of 99 people and 30 vendors.

The conference center was "masks required" when in close proximity of others.

The exhibit hall had 99% non-compliance with that. lol

I am so glad both of us were 2 weeks past our second shot.

I sure hope that vaccine works good.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sounds promising! ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34855 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve!

We can only hope. We have yet to break into the Wisconsin market. This is the 3rd year in a row (minus 2020 when it was cancelled) attending this conference. We attended a couple of years in the past but when we experienced a downturn in business, conference expenses had to be curtailed.

We met the new director of public safety for Dane County (Madison, WI) as well as the director from UWM 9-1-1. The UW has it's own 9-1-1 call center.

Had real good reactions and quite a bit of actual enthusiasm from a few other counties including the past president of Wisconsin NENA (National Emergency Number Association) who was also part of the conference executive committee. She runs the 9-1-1 dispatch center in a county about 1.5 hours from where I live, and was very excited about what our system does for the management team of a 9-1-1 call center. I think we will be doing a web-meeting in-depth demo real soon for her and her team.

We are also working on getting an appointment with the director of the Emergency Management Agency for Dane county. EMA is separate from the 9-1-1 call center. Any government agency would benefit from utilizing the resource management aspect of our system.

9-1-1 centers benefit from the resource management and the Quality Assurance system that looks at every call the center took over the past 24 hours and interrogates the time stamps, priority, call type, etc. and produces a paperless, automated process for reviewing those calls with the call takers, dispatchers, as well as the agencies dispatched. It also provides a system to review the 9-1-1 call audio recording to make sure the call taker is following proper procedure, etc.

Our system is used to assure all of the required processes and people are working the best they can. It is a intensely complex process that we make easy, efficient and accurate, for the call center to manage. And that's why every 9-1-1 center in the world should use our system. Wink

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Good news, markj. Hope the leads turn into some sales!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37799 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Not perfectly related, but I did have a 911 experience a few weeks ago.

My new truck has a feature that calls 911 if the air bags deploy or the automatic fuel pump cutout is engaged. It also appears to call if you hit a big bump, or maybe it's just really sensitive.

I hit a really bad section of pavement on I-10 - quite a ride! Not 30 seconds later I got a phone call from the Highway Patrol asking if I had been in an accident. I'm not sure how they got my phone number, but I do know they had me on GPS because they identified where I was.

The HP lady was very thorough - and very persistent - as though they did not quite believe me when I told them I had not been in an accident. Not sure why - maybe they thought the truck might have been stolen?

I know the GM On-star system did this but it had a monthly charge associated with it. This system does not require a subscription, and in fact I didn't even know I had it.

Slick!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34855 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post