well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What's for dinner?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's for dinner?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
It's raining and the world is going crazy.

Chicken soup! ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Also, this arrived today. Mixmaster model 12, ca. early 1960's. Very nice shape!

I'm not going anywhere tonight and I think I will make a dessert.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Chicken was on sale at the Japanese grocery. Mrs pj says she's making chicken and dumplings.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Steve - your soup looks fabulous.

We were lazy and had one of the bagged chopped salads from Costco - the Mediterranean one. That and a frozen pizza which had pesto and sliced tomatoes on a thin artisan crust. Also Costco. Both were excellent.

Tomorrow is soup day. I made broth last week and froze it. Not sure what kind of soup I'll be making.

That mixer looks to be in mint condition. Just like Mom's, the one I used when I started baking stuff so many years ago....nice memories...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Probably the same split pea soup I made 3 days ago.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Leftover shepherd's pie. Yum. Got this - like so many things we are eating lately, from Market Wagon, who acts as a distributor for local food producers.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Broiled pork chops and braised asparagus with mushrooms.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21344 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Quinoa Tacos (recipe from Thug Kitchen). They are delicious and have become our go-to “junk food” tacos.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Chicken was on sale at the Japanese grocery. Mrs pj says she's making chicken and dumplings.

I'd like a recipe for the chicken and dumplings!

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Steve, the Mixmaster looks perfect except it's supposed to be turquoise. Wink

Mr. Nina (who has been going back and forth to YVR) is now here for the unknown future. Canada has said that non-residents can enter, but must voluntarily self-isolate for 2 weeks. OK, maybe it's just Vancouver only, but either way he sees no point in going back to just hang out for 2 weeks and work remotely. He can do that from here, where we have better TV.

BUT I haven't had to really cook meals for 2 for a long time now, and I'm scratching my head to remember what I used to cook routinely, and buy at the stores. Chicken soup is a brilliant idea, as is veggie lasagne, arroz con pollo, and some soups. I am hampered a bit because Mr. Nina would prefer to eat vegetarian (as would I), but there's no way I'm going to go shopping for fresh produce 2-3x a week. So he'll just have to deal with it, or "eat around" what he doesn't like.

I may try to hit Costco on Monday or Tuesday morning next week and see what kind of stuff they have. I haven't shopped there for years, since it's just been the two of us. But it may be worth it to stockpile some food (like canned tuna) that won't go bad. Of course, it can't hurt to pick up some tp if they have it. Big Grin

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
It’s Pi Day, so I made a chicken pie! It starts with the white meat from a roasted chicken; I usually use a Costco chicken but there’s no way I’d go to Costco right now. So we walked down to Whole Foods (in the snow!) this morning, and I had everything else at home.

It’s an enormous pie, 10x13” Not a glamour shot, sorry!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Today is our wedding anniversary, but we didn’t wNt to go to a restaurant, so I cooked! (Most of you probably remember that o pretty much ever cook)

My mom taught me how to make lasagna when she was here for the holidays, so that’s what I made today. Sauce and filling from scratch!

It was fantastic! And lots left over!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Chickpea stew. Think cumin, red pepper flakes, garlic, onion, ginger, chickpeas coconut milk, kale.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Today is our wedding anniversary, but we didn’t wNt to go to a restaurant, so I cooked! (Most of you probably remember that o pretty much ever cook)

My mom taught me how to make lasagna when she was here for the holidays, so that’s what I made today. Sauce and filling from scratch!

It was fantastic! And lots left over!

Looks great!
ThumbsUp

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
yeah, I'd say you can definitely cook.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post