well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Republican Melts Down in Walmart ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Republican Melts Down in Walmart ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Jeez. Grown men acting like something we wouldn't tolerate in a 2 year old. What is wrong with these people?

I keep trying to tell myself that they are dealing with some bad stuff, which is likely true. But still, I have a really hard time maintaining any level of empathy.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
And that amazing Walmart employee..she is amazing..she kept her cool and repeated "Have a nice day" over and over...wow.

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
"Walmart" as an entity may have in effect "stood its ground" but only by forcing that stalwart employee to subject herself to an enormous amount of risk from this tantruming would-be customer.

Not only no mask, but completely "in her face" spluttering his out of control aerosols at her.

Sure hope one thing upsetting him, wasn't that he was worried about an infected family member he was in close quarters with!

Sometimes the people most apt not to follow social health guidelines, are ones who have an unconscous need to deny the risks they themselves are running. (I noticed that for a long time in store cashiers, until the crackdown occurred. And along with improved safety measures - plastic shields at the register, etc.). It IS just such a dangerous job, especially when they are forced to deal with non-compliant customers. (Most of the store employees can't afford to quit, so the only way to make themselves go through the motions, is sometimes to blow off the danger.)

(Wondering what Walmart's rules are for their gatekeepers in such confrontations. Her job might have been on the line. )

HairRaising

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Steve had the same issue with a student in one of the buildings at the school. Wasn’t wearing a mask, and Steve told him he needed to put one on or leave the building. The guy started yelling about his constitutional rights and Steve followed him telling him to leave the building until he did. (Luckily he did).

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Steve had the same issue with a student in one of the buildings at the school. Wasn’t wearing a mask, and Steve told him he needed to put one on or leave the building. The guy started yelling about his constitutional rights and Steve followed him telling him to leave the building until he did. (Luckily he did).

At W&M, that student would be fast tracked to expulsion. We have a zero-tolerance policy for anti-social behavior. And we don't give a rat's behind about faux attempts at cloaking the behavior in the language of rights.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Good grief.

What a jackass.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post