well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Looking for a hobby?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a hobby?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
How to befriend a crow

I watched a bunch of crows on TikTok and now I'm trying to connect with some local birds.

https://www.technologyreview.c...crow-crowtok-tiktok/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
It sounds like '60's British slang. Red Face

Apropos of nothing in particular, birdsong doesn't do a lot for me.

I know there are people who can interact with an entire group of them.

I don't have this eccentricity ability.

I do make friends with garden lizards. Few people believe me when I tell them. Roll Eyes

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
We have big ravens out here. And magpies. I would love to make friends with them. So far only managed the occasional chickadee.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
We had a bunch of ravens hanging out on our barn roof for about a year. They would bring gifts to my mare. I'd find them on her stall floor--mostly they were short sections of barbed wire. I don't know what became of them. But I would love to have a corvid pal.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
You might want to rethink making friends with an Australian magpie, especially during swooping season.

https://www.9news.com.au/natio...55-b5f1-9d56a391ba96

https://youtu.be/yvtWswhO3Hk

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, those magpies are brutal. Same with nesting mockingbirds.

Mr. Nina kind of resembles the befriending birds group. Big Grin

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
Robins always seem the best bet for hand-feeding. It's partly their inquisitiveness, and partly just food. I nearly stood on one when digging and stepping back, it was so keen to see what I'd unearthed. And a couple have flown into the house and perched on the back of a chair.

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 371 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post