well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Happy Thanksgiving
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Thanksgiving
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
To all my friends in the WTF, happy Thanksgiving.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
And the same to you and your family!

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving y’all!!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! happydance

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Happy thanksgiving everyone.

We just rented some bikes and rode a river trail. Now off to the pools. Later dinner out.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Rub it in, Jon, ... Big Grin

Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends at WTF. Smiler

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving!

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Just the two of us this year, chilling with the dogs. Finished watching the Macy’s parade and heading directly in to the National Dog Show.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Whether or not the first thanksgiving meal happened as we were taught in school, it's excellent to have a tradition (and accompanying meal) celebrating togetherness, sharing and gratitude.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Hope everyone had an enjoyable day! I sang a patriotic medley with a men's group for the start of the annual "Turkey trot" 5k. Later we went over to a niece's apartment for a gathering of 8 friends and family to have a traditional meal. Like SK, we bought pre-cooked turkey pieces to warm in the oven when we arrived. Plenty of food, drinks and desserts!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Went to La Hacienda to eat the buffet.
After two heaping plates, Bob was starting
on his four small desserts when he said, " I don't
eat too much. I do eat a lot."

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
We had daughter and her nuclear family over; they brought over a red-bell-pepper salad (Serbian specialty), stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy; we made mashed potatoes, a precooked ham, and a brussels sprouts dish. No turkey since no one's into it. Somehow we managed to use seemingly every pot and pan in the house, even going into basement storage to find more. It was fun but exhausting -- recovering today.

Just after dinner, we all went to a Winter Lantern festival, a Chinese-inspired event comprised of giant sculptures and structures lit from within. Fun! But it was cold; felt like temps were near freezing.

winter lantern festival

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Fun! But it was cold; felt like temps were near freezing.

winter lantern festival

How colorful!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
New this year? Colorful carrots bought from a local farmer...red, gold, black, orange!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post