well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    "Free Solo" Darn Near Killed Me

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Free Solo" Darn Near Killed Me
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
I am in an Oscar Prediction pool, so yesterday I did some cramming. I went to see the documentary "Free Solo."

Now, I am not going to give away the ending, but I knew a lot about this film before I went.

And I still thought I was drawing my last breath in that theater. Geez, that movie is good. So, so good.

Multiple thumbs up. Try to see it in theater if you can find it.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
My brother is arock climber. I always think of him when I see things like this. How’d you like to be that guy’s spouse?

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Um, no thanks.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Really? Why?

I mean, it won the Oscars over the RBG movie, and that movie was excellent.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
I'm not a fan of movies in general.

I have absolutely no desire to watch it.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Two of my nephews recommended it.
Heights on the screen scare me more than they do in reality.
May see it despite that.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25705 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I saw it once it became free to stream. Amazing. I was totally in the RBG camp for the Oscar until I watched that movie. The sheer logistics and guts required to make the movie made it the top contender for me. I'm glad it won.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Thanks!

Posts: 24720 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post