well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Stereo build. Part 2.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stereo build. Part 2.
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted
The amplifier build went so well, and it sounds very good, so I ordered the Pre-Amp kit and built it over the weekend.

Some photos of the build.

The controller board. This is a two sided board. The push buttons and LED indicators are on the other side and protrude through the front panel.

Getting them to line up was not too big of a problem. I can see where it would be to someone who is a sloppy solderer. 

Testing the controller...

The input selector board. The gold plated contacts were optional.

Testing the input selector...

Base kit is complete.

The headphone jack is missing on purpose. I also ordered the optional headphone amp and phono stage.

A makeshift stand for everything. Made from 2'x4'x3/4" Veneered OSB shelves and some old speakers I had in laying around. Ah! Just like the college days! Big Grin

After listening to the pre-amp for a couple of hours, decided to build the headphone amp last night. I was up until 3:00 am listening to it. It sounds amazing.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I only have one question: Did you go outside to look at the eclipse?

Big Grin

Great work on the electronics, mark. Thanks for sharing your projects with us!

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37871 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
I did go outside very briefly to catch a glance at the eclipse. I have seen many lunar eclipses. Pretty much seen one, you've seen them all.

Solar eclipses on the other hand... I will travel to see the next one. The last one, my first, was so sublime. I need to see it again.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Once I get started... 

Decided that since all my customers have the day off, I would take the time to build the phono pre-amp.

Progress shots...

I still have to do the wiring and mounting inside the main pre-amp.

It will be tested tonight!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Waiting for your evaluation!

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
More photos of the Phono Pre-Amp board I built yesterday.