well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Successful morning
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Successful morning
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
A successful morning for me now is winning each of:

Wordle
Wordle español
Wordle português
Dordle
Quordle
Worldle
Nerdle

It’s not rare for me to win them all but it isn’t a sure thing. I’m guessing 70% win rate, maybe less.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wait, what are dordle, quordle and nerdle?

I usually do Spelling Bee and Wordle while trying to wake up.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I only do two - Wordle and Worldle.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Yup, pulled a senior all-nighter, slept all the way to the morning!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
One of my cats is in the dining room window playing Birdle. I think the other one is down at the box doing Turdle.

I sniffed the milk this morning before making my bowl of corn flakes. I’m afraid it’s about to play Curdle.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Wait, what are dordle, quordle and nerdle?

Dordle is a double Wordle where you play two boards simultaneously. Quordle is 4 simultaneous games. You need a different strategy than Wordle because you can’t use too many guesses on a single word. So you flush out letters then just solve them, if you can.

Nerdle is an arithmetic version of Wordle.

Dordle
Quordle
Nerdle

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I'll try Dordle and Quordle, but maybe not Nerdle...

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I got nerdle today in 3.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I wake up with Spelling Bee and Wordle. Unless I do them after midnight the night before…

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
A successful morning for me now is winning each of:

Wordle
Wordle español
Wordle português
Dordle
Quordle
Worldle
Nerdle

It’s not rare for me to win them all but it isn’t a sure thing. I’m guessing 70% win rate, maybe less.

I see this as one more example of how you've benefited from the great gift of being born only needing 4 or so hours of sleep nightly.

I figure you've basically been given almost an extra life - for learning, earning, growing. Not to mention a double or triple morning (for such "morning" achievements, compared to the rest of us - that is, if that's where you stash your extra hours!)

And - Wow! Super impressive! Portugese too?! ThumbsUp

(PS I'm still wondering whether this is genetic. Was either parent so endowed? What about your son?)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ok, I did Dordle, seems easy. I couldn't get my head around how I want to approach Quordle.... Maybe I'll try again.

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ok, I lost today's Quordle (I got three out four)...

I think my Wordle strategy, which seems like it will work fine for Dordle, is insufficient for Quordle.

Fun! Yes

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Yeah for quordle I use a minimum of 4 “start” words irrespective of what letters appear. I’m really trying to flush out as many letters as possible. Sometimes I even do a fifth generic letter flushing word is one of them is not showing much.

But if you do five words you get only one try per word. But with so many letters discovered it’s usually enough.

For quordle my words are:

ADIEU
STORY
MANGE
FELCH or FILCH

If I need to I then use UPBOW. Then you have most all letters exposed.

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I use a minimum of 4 “start” words irrespective of what letters appear

When I do Wordle, I usually do three words -- same as you, to flush out the letters, and although I make sure I get all the vowels cover, my aim is actually consonant-centric. Because I almost always do three words, I rarely solve Wordle in less than four tries, but I have not lost one in forever.

So I guess I'll just add a word or two and try not to zero in on solving one at a time.