well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    At least they didn’t call it The Committee of Public Safety

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

At least they didn’t call it The Committee of Public Safety
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
https://www.startribune.com/mi...epartment/571504662/

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I never really gave that name too much thought.

In Pittsburgh, the police, firefighters, emergency medical services, and 911 dispatchers are all part of the city's Department of Public Safety, which has its own director.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7373 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
I never really gave that name too much thought.

In Pittsburgh, the police, firefighters, emergency medical services, and 911 dispatchers are all part of the city's Department of Public Safety, which has its own director.

Big Al

I have been to the new Allegheny County 9-1-1 Dispatch Center. It is very impressive. The city of Pittsburgh's 9-1-1 center consolidated with the county a few years ago now.

Our software runs 24/7/365 at that center and has for almost 20 years.

We just signed a new multi-county contract that includes a 4 county expansion to our customer base in Western PA. We will now have 6 of the 13 counties in the region running our software. We hope to build on the momentum, and grow that number to cover the entire region over the next year or two.

It's been a long time in development. The sales cycle on this contract can be measured in decades. lol We have been talking to these 4 counties for the better part of 25 years. We finally landed the sale. It's a tough market to crack.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
It was a somewhat obscure reference, I guess.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post