well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Four Musicians & Post Your Cartoon Here

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Four Musicians & Post Your Cartoon Here
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

It would be great if someone put together an actual ensemble with those instruments and recorded some music....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Actually, I'm rather fond of the banjo ...

Steep Canyon Rangers

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Bagpipe and accordion is bad enough ...

Yeah, that's the ticket

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Love Steve Martin.

Ok, if it's true confessions time, I kind of like the accordion, especially playing tango music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHnjmr9_upc

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I do like all of them, in the right context…

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Actually, the accordion was so uncool for so long that it’s supremely cool now…really for the past 20 years or so. My friend Guy Klucevsek made his career with it, as player and composer. He lives nearby, here on the island.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Actually, I'm rather fond of the banjo ...

Steep Canyon Rangers

Those guys, Bela Fleck, Alison Brown, and some others have recorded some amazing banjo music.
Bluegrass has been modified and improved in my opinion. It is called Newgrass, among other things. A group in Denver plays what they call Jewgrass.
There are still Bluegrass competitions where playing a 7th chord will get you disqualified.

Accordions and tango do go together.

The bagpipe with the accordion? No

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do like all of them, in the right context…

This.

And yeah, love Libertango... Also, what is it called, a bandeleon??

Close, google told me it's "bandoneon" -- anyway, these are very cool in the right kind of music.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
the bongos are ok (though i prefer the tabla). the accordion is ok.

what i can't stand are twanging and buzzing. that eliminate the banjo and the bagpipes from my world, if i can help it at all.

also despise the tenor saxophone. because, squealing is off my list too.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post