well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Omicron: The New Variant
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Omicron: The New Variant
 Login/Join

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I’ve had two minor illnesses lately and they seemed as though they could be from exposure in groups. But I’ve tested negative for Covid both times. Yet I rarely get sick with other colds, so what the heck is this?

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
A mild case of Omicron that passed the infectious stage so quickly that your tests showed negative. Wink

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
P*D used the Wink icon, so maybe he's joking?

But I thought, RP, that you might indeed have had omicron-covid? (i.e., no emojis)

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
I’ve had two minor illnesses lately and they seemed as though they could be from exposure in groups. But I’ve tested negative for Covid both times. Yet I rarely get sick with other colds, so what the heck is this?

Did you do a PCR or an at-home rapid test?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
This may be a detour, but sadly it appears that mild cases don't generate the same immune response and protection against future infection.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Actually, I was serious. The icon was meant to indicate that that's an increasingly likely outcome with the Omicron variant, which is a bit amusing in a sardonic sort of way.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
P*D ThumbsUp

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Did you do a PCR or an at-home rapid test?

I had a PCR test the first time, and a rapid test the second time. Each time, some days had passed -- 3 to 5 -- between the onset of symptoms and the date I was able to get tested. So there was time for the symptoms to diminish.

Symptoms didn't seem like typical covid: fatigue, runny nose, extremely dry eyes, imperceptible fever, slight sore spot in throat.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
How Omicron Upended What We Thought We Knew About Natural Immunity

https://fivethirtyeight.com/fe...source=pocket-newtab

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pfizer has begun a study comparing its original COVID-19 vaccine with doses specially tweaked to match the hugely contagious omicron variant.

Pfizer and its partner BioNTech announced the study on Tuesday.

quote:
The new U.S. study is enrolling up to 1,420 healthy adults, ages 18 to 55, to test the updated omicron-based shots for use as a booster or for primary vaccinations. Researchers will examine the tweaked vaccine’s safety and how it revs up the immune system in comparison to the original shots.

https://apnews.com/article/pfi...c23e8795ce9bbd448ce9

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Booster stats.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...s-deaths/9308759002/

Bazootiehead-in-training