Notify
Tools

My news
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm filing this all away for future use....

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same.

I had already heard about the various options (different kinds of vision in each eye, correcting vision through various means) and had already decided that I would do the simplest, most straight forward one. I have family members who had complications and I would rather just have eyeglasses.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:

Same.

I had already heard about the various options (different kinds of vision in each eye, correcting vision through various means) and had already decided that I would do the simplest, most straight forward one. I have family members who had complications and I would rather just have eyeglasses.

I’m used to wearing glasses, and I still do. They’re progressive readers on the bottom, and no correction on the top (distance). I suppose I could have corrected to be nearsighted, and then wear glasses for distance (same as before, just less power), but I think I’d still need readers on the bottom anyway.

It’s pretty stunning to be able to drive with no glasses. So crisp!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
just got home from my one-week post op exam for the left eye, and my one-month post op exam for the right eye. My long-distance vision without glasses is currently bad enough that the opthamologist does not want me to drive until I have new glasses. He cannot measure me for new glasses until my eyes are done healing and stabilize, and that won't be until Dec 29th.

I live 20 minutes out of town and need to be able to drive myself to get to physical therapy, doctor's appointments, and--of course--riding lessons!

And after he has written me a prescription on Dec 29th I'm sure it will be at least another two weeks before I have my new glasses.

My truck just got a new thermostat put in, and I have to leave it at the shop. Grrr.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
oh but the good news is that preliminary eye exam reveals that I will have 20-15 vision at least when I do get my glasses.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post