well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Phone trouble
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phone trouble
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
The phone came. I transferred the contents of my old phone. No problem.

The Pixel 4A is small, light, and thin. Its size is one of the things I like most about it.
The screen is 5.8" but the bezels are very unobtrusive.

The software is very smooth as you'd expect from a phone made by Google.

I'm enjoying the AMOLED screen but of course I haven't had much time with it yet.

It has a headphone jack. I wouldn't want a phone without one, personally.

So my review is: ThumbsUp

Edit: it has an OLED screen. AMOLED is something different.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
My iPhone 7 is about 5 years old and started going crazy. Opened up random Apps unbidden, mapped me to various spots in other states when I didn’t ask, refused to recognize screen touches and swipes. I figured it was toast.

I took it to a place called “CPR” (Cell Phone Repair) as a Hail Mary to see if I could save it. The tech told me the broken screen and a failing battery could cause all of the problems I had and squared everything up for about $150. If it turns out there are more issues I can buy one of their refurbished phones and they’ll deduct what I spent on repairs.

So far so good! I post this because they have some 800 stores nationwide, each one owned by a franchisee. Better service than the Apple stores, all of which seem to have closed down.

Glad I didn’t junk it. I’ll schlep my laptop over for a new battery this weekend.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip. There’s a store five minutes from my house.

ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post