well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    RBG to resign tomorrow?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RBG to resign tomorrow?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
There’s some twitter noise about this.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Frowner

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34823 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Oh he!! NO!!

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25667 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
This isn’t confirmed. It could easily be just wishful thinking coming from the White House.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh dear... oh dear....

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18305 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
There’s some twitter noise about this.

Thanks a lot.

I’ve heard she’s hired clerks for the next two terms, but that was before the surgery.

Posts: 45723 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Rachel Maddow had a thoracic (surgeon) on, and he said what she went through is pretty routine. Rachel said, "But she's in her eighties" and he replied, "I've done this surgery on people over 100."

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13773 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
It was announced a little while ago that she will be back on the bench next month. Which doesn't mean that she won't retire at the end of the term, of course.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Ugh ugh ugh

This smells like an orchestrated campaign coming from the WH to question her capabilities, and start a drumbeat of "she's senile! her mind is gone!" from the base. All started by the sitting POTUS, against a sitting SCOTUS member, for purely political reasons.

Disgusting.

Posts: 35366 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
That’s good to hear.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I feel compelled to note that jon_nyc and I cross-posted... Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 35366 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Big Grin

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34823 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:

Are you sure? Wink

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Hahaha. I just noticed that. Indeed I was replying to quirt’s news.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has no remaining signs of cancer after her surgery last month, requires no additional treatment, but will miss oral arguments at the court next week to rest, the Supreme Court said Friday.

While odds for a recovery from the surgery she had are good, they go way up if the subsequent pathology report shows no cancer in the lymph nodes. On Friday, the court released a written statement saying there is no additional evidence of cancer.

"Her recovery from surgery is on track," court spokeswoman Kathleen L. Arberg said of the 85-year-old justice. "Post-surgery evaluation indicates no evidence of remaining disease, and no further treatment is required."

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/11...urn-to-supreme-court

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37735 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post