well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Physical Therapy and Covid

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Physical Therapy and Covid
 Login/Join

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted
As most of you know, I had a hip replacement in late March, following a bike/car crash.

Also a shoulder fracture, which did not require surgery.

After about 2 months of the usual home therapy, I was angst-ridden over going to a therapy center — which is what the surgeon recommended.

I’m glad I did, as it’s much more intensive and partly hands-on with a therapist. I definitely need it.

The one problem is clients who don’t wear masks properly. No matter what time of day I go, there’s one or two clients with masks hanging off their noses or on their chins.

The staff do not confront these people. I can see why, since that has led to altercations we’ve all heard about.

But I take solace in the fact it’s a huge open space...as big as half a gymnasium, with 12 foot ceilings. And they keep people reasonably separated. And of course I always wear mask and gloves. Also the transmission rate is low in New York right now.

I think there’s just no escaping the jerks, you know? I have to trust I’ll be OK. So far, so good.

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
How are the hip and shoulder feeling?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for asking, Wtg. Range of motion is always getting better, but both are still sore. I expect that. My therapist says I just have to develop more strength. I go to two or three sessions per week, each 1-1/2 to 2 hours. And I do home exercises every day that I don’t do therapy.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Glad you are doing better.

From what I have heard, there are even jerks on hiking trails in Colorado who get too close. Some people are moving off the trails to get away from others because of this.
That wears a wide patch of the forest and is undesirable.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post