well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Bidet Reviews
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bidet Reviews
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
Best on Amazon

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25689 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Most informative.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37837 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I've really liked my Bio-Bidet 1000 purchased after (and because of) my major spinal surgery. It was even more expensive then than now - the market has become more competitive - but considering it basically saved my life, price was no object. (Just figure that when your spine is replaced top to bottom with titanium, certain things we have always taken for granted, are out of reach. That's not even counting nerve damage which for some unfortunates like me, require the "Vortex" setting (use your imagination ) Big Grin .

The people running the company are extremely nice too. When it failed a few months before my three year warranty expired (supposed to only prorate reimbursement) they actually agreed to send me a new one, timed to coincide with my sons' visit since they realized I couldn't manage the removal and installation of the new one. That ended up being a few months AFTER the warrantee ended. BioBidet couldn't have won my loyalty more.

(Note that earlier I had gotten a replacement controller from the actual Amazon vender - the new bidet was from the manufacturer. Also a no-fuss exchange.)

This model has almost all the perks of the very highest end ones (some have nightlights, fragrance dispensers, misters, etc).

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
"“Speaking as a hirsute gentleman, the Luxe Bidet Neo 120 has soured me on pooping in bidet-less toilets forever,” one reviewer writes. “It’s shown me the difference between rubbing peanut butter out of shag carpeting with a paper towel, and that sparkling clean feeling you get right when you step out of the shower.”"

Posts: 25689 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
They're almost all unavailable, presumably sold out.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37837 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
We are finally doing our 1958-era bathrooms, and our architect suggested we look into getting a hybrid toilet/bidet unit.

Well, I checked, and they are $3000. Uh, no.

I cannot imagine having a bidet with anything less than warm water, so I think I will just manage without one.

Posts: 19758 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
You can't get power over by the toilet during the remodel?

Toto makes great products, both toilets and bidets. Nowhere near $3000. Saw the Toto Washlet at Costco today.

And we love our Toto toilets. We have the Drake, under $300 as I recall.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
My Brondell Swash 300 was about $300. Would have been more than worth it if it had fit my toilet.

Heater, folks. Warm water. It doesn't get any better than that.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30033 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

Toto makes great products, both toilets and bidets. Nowhere near $3000. Saw the Toto Washlet at Costco today.

Do you mean just a seat? Or a toilet/bidet combo?

Currently, our bathroom has no electrical other than a light and fan (I know, but 1958). So we'll do electrical regardless of the bidet situation.

I think the architect is thinking of something like this:
Toilet Bidet

Posts: 19758 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I was thinking one of the Toto Washlet seats (there are different models) with a Toto toilet. You need an outlet to plug it into so you get the heating and fan features. Same function but not the sleek architectural look of the combo. But I'm a pragmatist and stingy with money.

Yea, I wouldn't spend three grand on that combo unit either.

I was looking at Ove bathtubs when we remodeled our bathroom several years ago. The bathtub was also three grand, and I was "no way".

I got a really nice Kohler soaking tub that was actually more comfortable than the Ove. And it was only $400.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
My BioBidet cost around $450 three years ago through Amazon, not counting install and adding a receptacle wired through the ceiling.

I think they're cheaper now, though. Here's an outlet that carries all brands. Keeps sending me discount ads, but perhaps they have put discounts on hold on account of unusual demand?

https://bidetking.com/

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:

Costco has the Toto Washlet? Ooh, will check it out the next time I’m there.

One of my kids bought a Toto Washlet after his trip to Japan last fall. It has a heated seat, warm water, fan. He said it was easy to install, even when drunk *and* high.

Blink

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9794 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
quote:

Costco has the Toto Washlet? Ooh, will check it out the next time I’m there.

One of my kids bought a Toto Washlet after his trip to Japan last fall. It has a heated seat, warm water, fan. He said it was easy to install, even when drunk *and* high.

Blink

No video of him showing how to install it? Big Grin

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
No way would I consider a bidet without a heating function. Big Grin

Posts: 35371 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
No way would I consider a bidet without a heating function. Big Grin

You'd be surprised. I thought the same thing and ordered the first one with a hot water line hookup. I didn't care if I had to run it all the way across the bathroom floorboards all the way over to the sink. Well, that didn't work out, so I just used it as a "cold" water bidet. It never bothered me. We have well water too so it's probably colder than city water.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post