well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    First debate
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First debate
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
I disagree.

The more the nation knows about the GOP's continued delegitimization of the election, the better.

Well, I'm with Bruni on this one ...

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I think I'm with Bruni, too.

There's nothing of value to be gained. Why give Trump free air time to a national audience so he can continue to churn chaos?

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37883 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Why should Trump have the right to unilaterally dictate the "debate"* format when the vast, vocal majority of viewers on both sides are calling for controls of the participants' speech so it CAN be a true debate?

Is it because he's "Mr. President" while Biden is referenced by him as "Joe" throughout?

I sure hope there is some way to over-ride his wishes (he loves to be given the right to talk over his opponent! And if the format is changed, he'll just complain it's because Biden and supporters were afraid to face him.)

This must NOT be allowed to turn into yet another instance where Trump-RULE dictates the rights of the American people!

And not only must there be mic mutes, but as Wallace commented with concern, with physical distancing. Otherwise, he said, Trump's blustering will be heard on Biden's mic and continue to disrupt the discourse.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
I disagree.

The more the nation knows about the GOP's continued delegitimization of the election, the better.

Well, I'm with Bruni on this one ...
I certainly see his points. Especially that we have most of us seen and heard enough to convince one way or the other.

I still think a total meltdown into a twitching babbling idiot might peel off a few folks, followed up by “is this the man you really want in office, finger on the button, etc.?”

Maybe I still think that a majority of us are calm, sane, rational people. Maybe I’m wrong.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Joe Biden's national lead over President Donald Trump nearly doubled after Tuesday's presidential debate, with voters saying by 2-to-1 that Biden has the better temperament to be president, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

The poll was conducted in the two days after the unruly and insult-filled debate Tuesday but before Trump tested positive for Covid-19 and was hospitalized Friday at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

Biden is now ahead of Trump by 14 points among registered voters, 53 percent to 39 percent — up from his 8-point lead in the previous poll, before the debate.

The 14-point advantage represents Biden's largest lead in the NBC News/WSJ poll during the entire campaign; his previous high was 11 points in July.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...oints-after-n1242018

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37883 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post