well-temperedforum.groupee.net
First debate

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/3713989497

29 September 2020, 10:57 PM
Cindysphinx
First debate
I watched every minute.

What a horror. If this country elects this man, the country deserves whatever it gets.
29 September 2020, 10:59 PM
Lisa
Unfortunately as we learned the last election, the majority of the country can reject a candidate and they can still end up winning.
29 September 2020, 11:10 PM
Cindysphinx
I just can't even.

Why did Trump think this was the move? He came across as unhinged. He was nowhere near this bad with Hillary.

No, I won't accept the results of the election.

No, I won't condemn white supremacists.

Wow.

And Trump went after Hunter Biden for a drug problem? While Biden was talking about dead, military vet Beau Biden? Is it possible to be more mean than that?

Biden said the few things he needed to say: He's not about defunding the police; police are good people; rioting is not OK.

I think this could have gone much, much worse for Biden. Trump could have been avuncular and tried to charm. Even a little charm could have gone a long way, and he is actually capable of that in small doses.
29 September 2020, 11:21 PM
BeeLady
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Unfortunately as we learned the last election, the majority of the country can reject a candidate and they can still end up winning.

This thought keeps me up at night.

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

30 September 2020, 01:56 AM
Amanda
I endured it.

Nails on a chalkboard.

("Here's the deal" "In fact, in fact...' few others I've already repressed).

Trump was utterly domineering, of course. Advisedly, probably. Afraid most of his fans found it endearing
(their adorable, irascible Alpha male uncle at it again).

May well be he was acting on the presumption that it mattered less what he said than how he said it - that he made dear old Joe appear meek and milk-toasty. Shout him down, sure why not? To the extent possible, don't let him get a word in edgewise.
Ideally even, cow him (rules schmules! ) Time limits are for suckers.

The moderator (referee?) absolutely needs a mike mute button!

%$!*&?>+@~%6

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

30 September 2020, 06:58 AM
ShiroKuro
You all are braver than I am. I had some docs to submit on deadline, so I worked on those until 9pm and then I played the piano and then to bed!

Well, I guess I will at least read some commentary on it... I mean, besides what’s written here. Big Grin

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

30 September 2020, 08:30 AM
Piano*Dad
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
I watched every minute.

What a horror. If this country elects this man, the country deserves whatever it gets.

Yes

Imagine that you are some disinterested Martian trying to understand the variety of political systems at play on planet earth. You haven't grown up in the American bubble of self-righteous superiority and have no reference to understand this strange people's residual notions of destiny and exceptionalism. I seriously doubt that this disinterested Martian could look at American politics and prefer it to more calm, measured, and orderly systems elsewhere. If our disinterested Martian prefers order as a virtue, she would lean toward Xi. If he prefers equity and maturity, Germany and Japan would get the nod.

On what planet, so to speak, would the United States remain an exemplar to the world. Certainly not this one.
30 September 2020, 09:09 AM
rontuner
I second the request for a mic mute button. And separate rooms so tRump can't play the prowling around game...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

30 September 2020, 09:19 AM
CHAS
Trevor Noah

Trevor has some good suggestions. Smiler
He did miss the need for shock collars for the next debate.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

30 September 2020, 12:43 PM
Piano*Dad
From Cook Political Report

quote:
Words undecided voters in
@FrankLuntz's focus group had for Trump: "arrogant," "crackhead" and "un-American"

Biden: "better than expected," "more professional," "restraint and compassion," "Predictable" "coherent" "leader"

Crackhead, FTW. Big Grin
30 September 2020, 01:44 PM
Steve Miller
If "Stand Back and Stand By" doesn't fire up minority voters then nothing will.

Might have been the only good thing that came out of the debate.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

30 September 2020, 02:31 PM
pianojuggler
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
If "Stand Back and Stand By" doesn't fire up minority voters then nothing will.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry...9378c5b6d698bb26c759

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

30 September 2020, 03:58 PM
rontuner
Has anyone wandered over to the alternate universe of Fox or other places to see what they are saying today?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

30 September 2020, 04:00 PM
wtg
I saw a Fox headine in my newsfeed stating that Trump clearly won; I didn't click on the link. But mostly it seems that everyone is pretty disgusted.

Including the rest of the world

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

30 September 2020, 04:07 PM
ShiroKuro
Japanese internet described it as a fight between two kids on a grade school playground...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u