Find
Notify
Tools

Finally
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
GSA recognizes Biden as winner and the official transition begins.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37871 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Does this mean our long national nightmare is over? Or should I still be nervous?

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9798 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I think we're in pretty good shape, but I won't breathe a final sigh of relief until I see Biden take the oath from Roberts.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37871 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
On Twitter from you-know-who:

quote:
I want to thank Emily Murphy at GSA for her steadfast dedication and loyalty to our Country. She has been harassed, threatened, and abused – and I do not want to see this happen to her, her family, or employees of GSA. Our case STRONGLY continues, we will keep up the good

..fight, and I believe we will prevail! Nevertheless, in the best interest of our Country, I am recommending that Emily and her team do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols, and have told my team to do the same.

The tweet right before that:

quote:
Data: Trump‘s Anti-Globalism, Pro-Police Message Wins Over Hispanics [link to Breitbart]
Great, but we also won the election!

He's hopeless

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The pressure was mounting.

quote:
More than 160 of the nation’s top business executives, including several who have been major donors to the Republican Party, urged the Trump administration to accept the results of the 2020 presidential election and begin the transition process.

A letter published Monday by the Partnership for New York City said the administration’s recalcitrance is putting the country at risk.

The money shot. Literally.

quote:
The partnership letter represents some of the biggest names in corporate America. Among the 164 signatories are Mastercard chief executive Ajay Banga, Goldman Sachs chairman and CEO David M. Solomon and Condé Nast CEO Roger Lynch.

“Every day that an orderly presidential transition process is delayed, our democracy grows weaker in the eyes of our own citizens and the nation’s stature on the global stage is diminished,” the letter reads. “Our national interest and respect for the integrity of our democratic process requires that the administrator of the federal General Services Administration immediately ascertain that Joseph R. Biden and Kamala D. Harris are the president-elect and vice president-elect so that a proper transition can begin.

“Withholding resources and vital information from an incoming administration puts the public and economic health and security of America at risk.”

Kathryn Wylde, the partnership’s president and CEO, told The Post that New York Attorney General Letitia James asked her to join a call Friday with New York business leaders to weigh in on the presidential transition. The group decided the “business community has a responsibility” to make the case for the transition to proceed.

The signatories represent a range of industries, including many who count themselves as Republican or independent, Wylde said. The Partnership for New York City is a nonprofit made up of business leaders from more than 300 companies that seek to bridge gaps between global industries and government.

“This isn’t about partisan politics, but about protecting our democracy,” James said in an emailed statement. “Without the rule of law and an orderly transfer of power, everything from commerce to health care delivery to national security is in peril, and our business leaders can see that as clearly as the rest of us.”

During Friday’s conference call, some executives discussed the possibility of withholding campaign contributions from Georgia’s two Republican Senate candidates to motivate the party to push for the transition, according to a person familiar with the deliberations who spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak candidly . Incumbents Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue face runoff elections in early January that will determine which party holds the majority in the chamber.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...-country/ar-BB1bhVwP

Meanwhile, GOP congresscritters diddle on....

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
GSA recognizes Biden as winner and the official transition begins.

Whew.

quote:
He's hopeless

As ever.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18429 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post

That last sentence - wow!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34916 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Apparently, the internal pressure went up on him, according to the NY Times. First, Schwarzman (the hedge fund guy, big Trump supporter) told him that it was basically over. And then, Meadows, Sekulow, and Cippolone went to him Monday and told him he could authorize the transition without using the word "concede".

The Michigan board was the tipping point. Pennsylvania is set to certify, Georgia has already certified, and he needs three big states to flip to have a chance. (And Maricopa County has certified; the only county in Arizona that has not is the comparatively less populated Mojave County in the north.)

Posts: 45737 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
His concession is now totally irrelevant to the process.

It is only relevant to his supporters. He will never concede and they will never accept that he lost a free and fair election. That will continue to be the crux of the division that will not be healed.

The right-wing noise machine will be proclaiming the illegitimacy of Biden's presidency continually for the next four (or eight) years.

I also hope the new head of the GSA will review I-1's contract on The Old Post Office and sue I-1 for breach-of-contract. He violated the terms before his hotel even opened there... in typical fashion. Words on paper over his signature mean nothing to him because he has never been held accountable for contract violations ever before.

He is trying to sell the hotel (which is only a notion, not the property itself because the property belongs to the Federal Government) and the best offer he's gotten is half of his asking price. The biggest sticking point is that the terms require that his name remain over the door. I'm guessing few people would want that albatross.

But I digress.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Three weeks after the election, the White House has given formal approval for President-elect Joe Biden to receive the President's Daily Brief, a White House official told CNN Tuesday.

Coordination on when Biden will receive his first briefing is currently underway, but the move is another step toward a transition of power that President Donald Trump held up for weeks after it was clear he lost the 2020 election.

It follows a formal notice by the General Services Administration Monday night that the formal transition of government can proceed.

Receiving a classified intelligence briefing is typically one of the first rights of a presidential candidate after winning the election. It contains information about pressing national security issues that the new president will soon face. But Biden has yet to receive an intelligence briefing because of Trump's effort to overturn the results of the election, which cause confusion inside the federal government over whether a transition could begin.

The PDB, as it's known, is prepared by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence for the President, vice president and senior advisers.

An ODNI official attributed the change directly to the White House's move to formally grant Biden access to the PDB. CNN previously reported the decision was Trump's and the access to the PDB could have been granted before the GSA administrator made the transition official Monday.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/24...ransition/index.html

At least someone will be reading it...

Bazootiehead-in-training

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm guessing Biden will get the actual briefing and notes, rather than the kids' paper placemat and four crayons version that I-1 gets.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
quote:

I'm guessing Biden will get the actual briefing and notes, rather than the kids' paper placemat and four crayons version that I-1 gets.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post