well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    EU cars a security threat to the US

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EU cars a security threat to the US
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
No, really.

https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk...ntUbXb0awPB8Kb_S06Q/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37664 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I saw a bunch of Audis whispering together but they suddenly stopped when my Honda approached. I think they’re planning something.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Three years ago, this would have cheered the hearts of most liberal democrats. Trade is a bad thing, after all. Jobs!!!!

Posts: 12478 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Posts: 24612 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Three years ago, this would have cheered the hearts of most liberal democrats. Trade is a bad thing, after all. Jobs!!!!

This liberal democrat knows the value of trade. No doubt many other liberal democrats would agree.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25664 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:

It’s never a good idea to allow Republicans to define what liberal Democrats think.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34809 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I saw a bunch of Audis whispering together but they suddenly stopped when my Honda approached. I think they’re planning something.

ROTFLMAO

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37664 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Good heavens. There's a BMW in our driveway. We'd better watch our backs.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15497 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:

They're planning to get out of your way. Wink

Posts: 24612 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Administration officials have said tariff threats on autos are a way to win concessions from Japan and the EU. Last year, Trump agreed not to impose tariffs as long as talks with the two trading partners were proceeding in a productive manner.

Trump said on Friday that tariffs protect industry and also help win trade agreements.

“I love tariffs, but I also love them to negotiate,” he said.

A report from the Center for Automotive Research in Ann Arbor, Michigan, published on Friday showed its worst-case scenario of a tariff of 25 percent would cost 366,900 U.S. jobs in the auto and related industries.

U.S. light duty vehicle prices would increase by $2,750 on average, including U.S.-built vehicles, reducing annual U.S. sales by 1.3 million units and forcing many consumers to the used car market, the think tank’s report said.

Major automaker groups said last year the cumulative effect for the United States would be an $83 billion annual price increase and argued there was no evidence auto imports posed a national security risk.

https://www.reuters.com/articl...e-idUSKCN1Q706C?il=0

We'll see if he acts on the report. Given his previous tariffs, seems like we know where this is likely to be heading.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The view from a few other perspectives.

https://www.autonews.com/blogs...eat-be-turning-point

https://www.amm.com/Article/38...rade-crosshairs.html

Bazootiehead-in-training