well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Just gave a pittance to Mayor Pete
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just gave a pittance to Mayor Pete
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
I don’t know if Pete Buttiege can win.

But am getting a Hope and Change vibe from the guy.

I’d rather lose with a candidate who makes me feel good inside than lose listening to any of the other candidates.

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
He sure seems to be catching some tailwind. I need to start paying more attention to him.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I decided to follow him on Twitter, to give him an add to his Twitter following.

I’ll probably send a donation. Whether or not he wins, I think he adds something material to the national debate.

Posts: 45719 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
OK Cindy, now get with the program and spell his name properly! Ole

I'm waiting for Trump to make some Butt joke and get his head handed to him.

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Sent Beto a pittance. Not sure I would do that again.
Sent a pittance to Buttigieg. Just to keep his campaign in touch. Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25658 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Bernie has a $32 million dollar war chest and a lot of support among the youngsters.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25658 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
OK Cindy, now get with the program and spell his name properly! Ole

I wonder if he could cash the check, spelled that way. Big Grin

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Check?? You don't need no stinking check! Online, man!

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Check?? You don't need no stinking check! Online, man!

I'm OG.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
After PD's chiding, I decided to join the 21st century, and made a small donation to Mayor Pete online.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Buttigieg "questions" Trump's belief in God

His actual statements are more nuanced than the headline. But I have no problems with his very forthright comments about Trump's hypocrisy. This is what most of us on the anti-Trump or never-Trump side really do think. I have no problems with Mr. B saying it.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Andrew Sullivan’s take.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer...ional-candidate.html

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
To put it simply, Mayor Pete seems almost designed to expose everything that makes the country tired of Trump.

Interesting. However, I disagree slightly with his commentary on the border crisis. IMO, we do not have a border crisis. We have an immigration crisis. If this seems like splitting hairs, I would ask whether simply building a wall really solves the problem of immigration. Of course it doesn't. As has been reported frequently, walls don't work. Most undocumented people come in legally and overstay their visas. They do that because the path to legal entry is years (in some cases decades) long, ripe for corruption and bribes, and costs a ton of money. We have to fix the system, not just build a wall.

Posts: 35361 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm waiting for Trump to make some Butt joke and get his head handed to him.
I wish I have sufficient mastery in the subject matter to contribute. Doesn’t matter which team you play for, this part of the oppo research is guaranteed to be a blast with many post-campaign speaking and TV appearance opportunities and plenty of stories to entertain your grandchildren later. Possibly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12675 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.

Mayor Pete is running fourth in Massachusetts, Warren’s home state.

It’s Sanders, Biden, Warren, Pete.

Warren is in trouble.

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post