well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A new side of Mattis

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new side of Mattis
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Former Defense Secretary James Mattis roasted his former boss at the Alfred E. Smith dinner in New York City on Thursday night.

Mattis took the stage at the annual dinner -- an opportunity to crack jokes about local and national politics -- with an introduction from comic legend Martin Short.

"According to the president he’s the 'most overrated general,'" Short cracked in his intro. "I think he’s an American hero."

"I'm not just an overrated general. I’m the world’s greatest overrated general," joked Mattis, who received a standing ovation as he stepped to the dais. "I'm honored to be called that by Donald Trump, because he also called Meryl Streep an overrated actor. So I guess I’m the Meryl Streep of generals."

quote:
"The only person in the millitary Trump doesn't think is overrated is, of course, Colonel Sanders."

quote:
One of the general's most biting jokes came in relation to Trump's infamous deferment of military service in Vietnam over alleged bone spurs in his feet.

"I earned my spurs on the battlefield; Donald Trump earned his spurs in a letter from a doctor," Mattis said.

(auto-start video)

https://abcnews.go.com/Politic...mp/story?id=66358021

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post