Notify
Tools

Pence
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Former Vice President Mike Pence said Thursday night that he doubts that he and former President Donald Trump will ever see "eye to eye" over the Jan. 6 insurrection led by a mob of pro-Trump supporters at the U.S. Capitol.

In a speech to a Republican group in New Hampshire, Pence called Jan. 6 "a dark day in the history of the United States Capitol, but thanks to the swift action of the Capitol Police and federal law enforcement, violence was quelled, the Capitol was secured and that same day, we reconvened the Congress and did our duty under the Constitution and the laws of the United States."

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/04...jan-6th-insurrection

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
The headline for that article:

quote:
Pence Distances Himself From Trump Over Jan. 6 Insurrection

Too little, too late, dude.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
It's going to be interesting to see how the GOP reacts to Pence. Pence doesn't conveniently fall into the Never Trumper category like Kinzinger and Romney do.

If Pence gets any traction with voters we'll be seeing Kevin McCarthy (and others) doing yet another about-face regarding January 6....

popcorn

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I assume Pence will spend the rest of his life saying "I always saw myself as a moderating force to I-1's capriciousness, but we were always on the same agenda". Where, in reality, Pence was just a prop to get the evangelical Christian vote.

I'm not sure how Pence "gets any traction with voters". I don't see him ever running for office again, nor being a surrogate for I-1 or anyone else.

That does beg the question: If I-1 tries to run again in 2024 -- and surely the GQP will nominate him if he does -- who is his running mate? Taylor Greene? Boebert? Cawthorne? Hawley? Gaetz? Any of them would be sure to "energize the base". Especially MTG or Boebert, 'cuz I-1 can say, "look! I got a WOMAN here!"

ETA: Scratch Cawthorne. He's not old enough.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not sure how Pence "gets any traction with voters". I don't see him ever running for office again, nor being a surrogate for I-1 or anyone else.

That was kind of what I was thinking, but I don't follow things closely enough to have a strong conviction about it.

What's more scary is the possibility of Dump running again in 2024...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post