well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    If You're Still Working for Trump ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You're Still Working for Trump ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
You're Too Late to Preserve a Shred of Dignity

Some have argued that the country "needed good people to rein him in ..."

This isn't that argument. Big Grin

I love Wilson's blunt and direct rebuke.

quote:
There was a window of time during which giving Trump a chance was justifiable out of a sense of duty to country. ... But that window closed. You had ample opportunity to see, up close, the capriciousness, vainglory and allergic reaction to facts that the rest of us saw from afar. If you’re just now disavowing Trump, or explaining away your support for him, don’t bother. You own it. Leaving 2016 to 2019 blank on your LinkedIn page won’t save you from disgrace.

Yes

quote:
If you’re former New Jersey governor Chris Christie (R), currently on the talk-show circuit, regaling us with tales of Trump’s hubris — mere weeks after interviewing for the White House chief of staff job — you’re too late.

If you’re former New York mayor Rudolph Giuliani (R), flailing as you leverage your past credibility to mount Trump’s legal defense, you’re not just too late, you’re pathetic.

quote:
There are exceptions, of course: The civil servants who staffed government departments before Trump’s time in office, and who will remain after he leaves, certainly deserve no blame. ... Defense Secretary Jim Mattis performed a public service by writing a resignation letter that cut ties with Trump in the clearest possible terms: “You have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours” is Cabinet-speak for take this job and shove it.

At best:

quote:
At best, though, most of the rest are Omarosas, passing off the obvious as insight: When Omarosa Manigault Newman left the White House staff, we didn’t need her to tell us that Trump spouts race-baiting drivel. He’s done it out in the open for years.

And at worst:

quote:
At worst, they are like Sims: He served in the administration for well over a year, then found a way to distance himself just enough to sell a juicy tell-all, but he still can’t come clean about the president’s foulest tendencies. When the New Yorker’s Isaac Chotiner pressed Sims to assess Trump’s both-sides-ism in the wake of torch-lit Charlottesville chants of “Jews will not replace us,” Sims hedged: “I would love to see the president use his bully pulpit for that more effectively.” When asked to explain the genesis of Trump’s birtherism, all Sims had to say was: “I have no idea.”

In the words of Ed Lover: C’mon, son. Lack of self-awareness is a terrible quality, even for a toady.

Evil

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Yes

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
And if you are KellyAzzkisser Conway or Sarah Huckleberryhound Sanders, just resign yourself to a life public deprecation and humiliation like Spicey is living now. You are far beyond redemption.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
And if you are KellyAzzkisser Conway or Sarah Huckleberryhound Sanders, just resign yourself to a life public deprecation and humiliation like Spicey is living now. You are far beyond redemption.

Nah, for different reasons for each of them.

For KC, she's been covering her butt with outside sources since Day One. Plus, she's respected for her ability to drag a moron across the finish line.

For SS, she has something Spicer didn't have ... credibility in conservative/evangelical circles. She'll be a laughingstock to anyone left of center, but she won't care, and those on the right third of the spectrum won't be laughing.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Watching people you hate suffer is one of life's great joys, for the virtuous. It takes the vantage of the truly virtuous to see so clearly the evil of others. Only that clarity can produce the righteous joy in watching them suffer. My theory is that that joy is God scratching us behind the ear and saying "good boy".

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post