well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    More on "intersectionalism". Pfui!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More on "intersectionalism". Pfui!
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
And she was diversity, equity and inclusion senator at their Graduate Center too.

This is what gets me maddest about this newish movement, called "intersectionalism".
Since when are Jews not an endangered minority too?

It hurt and offended me to learn that I wasn't permitted to join "Black Lives Matter" - a group I enthusiastically supported until I read the fine print (Members are required to denounce Israel).

Student's tweets get her in hot water at USC

Worse really was encountering this headline article in the "Association of American University Professors". Conformity in hatred...

ALL university professors??

More examples of how the Left has been split by the Israeli issue. Just their bad luck that the founding of the State/end of the Holocaust. coincided with the tail end of real colonialism.

And yet antisemitic incidents in the US doubled in the last calendar year, and (incredibly) 20% of American Millennials said they thought Jews had caused the Holocaust, while over 1/3 thought it was a myth or greatly exaggerated. Same old. same old... Frowner

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
'In order to fight hate, you must hate _______."

Progressive!

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
"And everybody hates the Jews"
Tom Lehrer, "National Brotherhood Week"

Such as it ever was. Mad

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Yeah...

The one sure way to unite enemies - diss the Jews...

Just for the record, what she wrote (in case you didn't open the actual link)...

quote:
...several inflammatory comments she made online earlier in the year, including a tweet saying she wanted to “kill every motherf---ing Zionist.”

Not your run of the mill complaint that Jews have too much power, etc.

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
Yeah...

The one sure way to unite enemies - diss the Jews...

Just for the record, what she wrote (in case you didn't open the actual link)...

Are you looking for a discussion? Or are you venting?

I hesitate to wade into discussions like this for the same reason I hesitate to discuss things with intersectional feminists: because the only acceptable position for discussion is total obedience; any dissent gets you labeled a hater.

Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I'd have been glad to get into a SIMPLE discussion, John, except that I don't have time to go through what I'm afraid would be a typical pitiful Palestinian vs evil Zionist exchange.

(Leading predictably to a defensive insistence on the absolute difference between anti-Zionism - anti-Jewish.)

I'm ashamed of many actions of Israel vis a vis Palestinians (NOT the usual catechism, though), but the issue is so complicated and so tending to apply double standards to Israel, I can't go through it again. Very few people (I include younger Israelis) even know what Zionism means, so it always ends up becoming an exercise in futility.

So if it's either/or you can consider this mere "venting".

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Stealth anti-semitism. I share your exhaustion, Amanda.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Needing an enemy seems to be a defining characteristic of humankind.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Needing an enemy seems to be a defining characteristic of humankind.

It seems like Jews are the most "popular" enemies - incredibly, over Millennia. Frowner

Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
I was actually going to talk about intersectionality.

Another day in Paradise.

Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
And its cousin, "White Fragility."

Another day in Paradise.