well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    An Entirely New Spin on "Friendly Fire"

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An Entirely New Spin on "Friendly Fire"
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 45717 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The incident reflects why guns on a high-performance jet are perhaps a less than ideal weapon.

And also this

quote:
And if a pilot accelerates and maneuvers in the wrong way after firing the cannon, the aircraft could be unexpectedly reunited with its recently departed rounds.

hysteric

Is the guy who wrote this article on loan from the Onion?

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
SK - Big Grin

Reminds me of the time someone I know was the designated minutes taker in a high level meeting in his company. A discussion about a gizmo made by the company that blew up in the field was recorded as having undergone "rapid parts displacement".

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37647 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
LOL

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25655 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I swear this is true: we bought a grill years back that we had to assemble ourselves. All was fine, until we were stuck with instructions to install the "transportation assistance device." We looked over the few remaining parts until it finally hit us. They were talking about the handle. Big Grin

Posts: 35360 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post