well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    In my day..

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In my day..
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I’m my day we chose from four different kinds of chicken - broilers, fryers, roasters, and stewing chickens. Now it’s just chickens, and most of them appear to grow with neither bones nor skin. What happens to all of the old laying hens?

In my day there were two kinds of cottage cheese - large curd and small curd. Now it’s just cottage cheese - kind of a medium curd with extra water.

You?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
The last time we got KFC, I could barely tell the difference between “original” and “extra crispy”. The BBQ choice must have vanished long ago.

It’s okay… we used to get 12 strips, and 8-piece bucket, and three sides (three cole slaws) for $30. The last time we went, we got 8 strips, something less than 8 pieces and two sides for $35. And the pieces were small. And the biscuits were tiny and flat.

So, we have stopped going to KFC.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I can’t remember the last time I was at a grocery store and the checker asked “paper or plastic?”

Now, plastic bags are banned, they charge 15 cents for each paper bag, and expect you to bring your own.

Last Christmas, Santa gave each of us 8 nylon shopping bags from IKEA. No excuses.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post