well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Roger Stone arrested
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roger Stone arrested
 Login/Join

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
when you stay sitting in your car after returning home so you can finish listening to a story on the radio?
That.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
h/t WTG

The Dirty Trickster

(The New Yorker, June 2, 2008)

https://www.newyorker.com/maga.../the-dirty-trickster

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Maybe not such a good idea.

quote:
Days after a federal judge gagged Roger Stone from talking about the special counsel’s Russia investigation around U.S. District Court in Washington, the Republican strategist and provocateur on Monday posted a photo of the judge with crosshairs in the background.

“Through legal trickery Deep State hitman Robert Mueller has guaranteed that my upcoming show trial is before Judge Amy Berman Jackson , an Obama appointed Judge who dismissed the Benghazi charges again Hillary Clinton and incarcerated Paul Manafort prior to his conviction for any crime. #fixisin. Help me fight for my life at @StoneDefenseFund.com,” Stone wrote in the Instagram post, which has since been deleted.

https://www.politico.com/story...m-crosshairs-1173600

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37878 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Was he drunk?

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe not such a good idea.

facepalm

There's a lot of talk about how we can get millennials to realize that they should be more careful about what they put online. Obviously millennials aren't the only ones who need this message....

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Super.

Can he please face additional charges of violating his gag order, threatening a federal judge, attempting to obstruct justice, and just generally being an azzhole?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
He's insane.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10570 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Super.

Can he please face additional charges of violating his gag order, threatening a federal judge, attempting to obstruct justice, and just generally being an azzhole?

The gag order on him (as opposed to his attorneys) only applied to activity at the courthouse, I believe.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
More than fair.

quote:
A federal judge on Thursday imposed a full gag order on Roger Stone — barring him from making any public statements at all about his criminal case — after the political dirty trickster abjectly apologized for "stupidity" in posting an Instagram photo of the judge next to a rifle scope's crosshair.

Stone, a longtime friend of President Donald Trump, is now prohibited from doing radio, television or print interviews about the case or any of its participants — including the head prosecutor, special counsel Robert Mueller.

The notoriously outspoken Republican operative also is barred from writing about the case online, or sending letters to the editor.

However, Judge Amy Berman Jackson said Stone could continue to publicly solicit money for his legal defense fund.

And despite suggesting she might do so, Jackson did not revoke Stone's $250,000 signature release bond for his latest social media stunt.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/2...-instagram-post.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37878 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Given all his wacky antics, I think he must be considering an insanity plea.

quote:
Special counsel Robert Mueller on Monday notified a federal judge about an Instagram post by President Donald Trump's friend Roger Stone that could be in violation of the judge's strict gag order on Stone.

The filing by Mueller cited CNBC's story on Sunday detailing the post by Stone, which contained an image of him under the words "Who framed Roger Stone."

Mueller did not ask Judge Amy Berman to find the self-described "dirty trickster" Stone in violation of her gag order in the case.

Stone, 66, is barred from criticizing Mueller's team of prosecutors under the gag imposed on Feb. 21 after the longtime Republican operative posted an Instagram image of Jackson's face next to a rifle scope's crosshair.

If Stone, who is currently free on a $250,000 signature bond, is found by Jackson to have violated that order, she could have him jailed without bail pending his trial on charges of lying to Congress, witness tampering and obstructing justice.

Stone deleted the "Who framed Roger Stone" image from a series of other rotating images on his Instagram story Sunday shortly after CNBC sent an email to his lawyer asking about it.

The other images suggested that people donate to Stone's legal defense fund, with one saying "I am committed to proving my innocence. But I need your help," and another saying, "I've always had Trump's back. Will you have mine?"

"We note for the Court that according to public reporting, on March 3, 2019, the defendant's Instagram account shared an image with the title 'who framed Roger Stone.' A copy of the image is submitted under seal as Exhibit C. 1," Mueller said in the court filing in federal court in Washington, D.C.

CNBC's story on the image is referenced in a footnote in that filing.

Stone's posted the "Framed" Instagram image two days after Jackson ordered his defense lawyers to explain why they did not tell her about the planned publication of a book by Stone that could violate her gag order. The book is entitled "The Myth of Russian Collusion: The Inside Story of How Trump Really Won."

Jackson's gag order prohibits Stone from "making statements to the media or in public settings about the Special Counsel's investigation or this case or any of the participants in the investigation or the case."

The gag covers "posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other form of social media," as well as other forms of communication.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/0...instagram-image.html

Individual 1 is surrounded only by the best.

Bazootiehead-in-training