well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Texas High School Stadium Rule

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Texas High School Stadium Rule
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
The high impact of a few loose screws

IMO there are more than a few

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25667 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Good point. I think one of the things that social media has done is give the nutjobs on all sides a huge, loud megaphone wildly out of proportion to their numbers in society.

I follow a congressperson in FB. This person (OK their staff) posts pretty much daily, and the posts generate about 50-75 comments that are generally split 75% negative, 25% positive. What I've noticed over the course of time is that the same 10 or so people post every time, and in some cases just copy/paste their comment from the previous post.

Posts: 35362 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Very true, Nina. The few can give the impression that they are the many, simply because they are loud and can say things they never would in person. It is akin to a mob, where otherwise reasonable people can get caught up in a moment.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13520 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post