well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Tell the truth
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell the truth
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
How many rolls of TP are in your home right now? Don’t count partials on the holder in the loo.

And how many per person?

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Don't know the number, but it's a lot. But they weren't bought in a panic over C-19. Just bought in bulk to economize because they're easy to store in the bathroom closet.

Posts: 12538 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
A lot. Before the panic, Target had a sale where you could get a big discount if you bought a lot.

Not regretting that now ...

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Before yesterday, we had 9. After yesterday, we have 33. Evil

We normally buy the Costco bale, stick it in the garage and forget about it. When I checked our supply over the weekend I realized it was getting low. I would never have tried to replenish with 9 rolls available under normal circumstances.

For some reason, we have a million rolls of paper towels, though. I think one of us just grabbed the giant pack at Costco thinking we might be out, and we weren't.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I have 55, including the several under the cabinets of the three bathrooms.

But for the virus I’d probably have more like 25 or so. A spare 18-pack in the basement and a few in each bathroom.

But as you might have noticed, I was a little ahead of the game in terms of being aware that quarantines, closures, etc were coming. So we prepared to be self sufficient for a month of necessary.

When I bought it, I still had the luxury of choosing the brand on sale.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Hang on, let me check...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18517 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Including what's in the towers in each bathroom, 17 rolls.

So, not that bad, but not what I would consider a stock! -_-

I think I posted this here the other day (maybe not?) But I have no idea how much TP we go through, we never stock up, just buy whatever big package, and then when that's almost gone, but another one. Not to mention the fact that we are both now at home 24/7, so are not using the facilities in workplaces etc.

Anyway, the last time Mr. SK bought TP, the biggest package was a 12-roll pack, and he only bought one because he's not as paranoid as I am a good person. suave

Posts: 18517 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We usually buy a bale when we get down to the last six pack or so and they're on sale at Costco.

Right now, a Costco bale plus six rolls. What's that, 36? Plus whatever is in the bathroom itself. Two people.

We're at normal levels. This is probably a three month supply, maybe a little more, for us. We're both retired so our usage pattern isn't changed.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37933 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I just checked, and it’s eight. It’s only that high because I live in a three-bedroom condo, and always make sure there’s a couple of extra rolls in each of them.

But I live by myself, and I could always use something like the curtains in a pinch and no one would be any the wiser…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Well, the cats would notice ...

Posts: 12538 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post

Two people. I would like to have more, but it may take a week or so before the shelves aren't bare in all the stores around.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
I don't care because it is a non-issue in my house.

But, we bought an 24 pack at the grocery last week or so. We have 40 rolls in reserve.

2 more bidets arrived today. I now have 4 toilets with bidets and 2 without. The 2 without are for #1 only please!

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I have 22. I bought a 12 pack last week just in case not realizing there were some in the upstairs linen closet.

That is over 2 bathrooms, one person. Though I do use them for tissues with I run out of those..

Tissues are what I hoard with my allergies.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I just learned that Mik buys 96 rolls at a time.

I think we need to reassess TPP (toilet paper procurement) in the SK household.... suave