well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Is gray decor/interior finally on its way out???
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is gray decor/interior finally on its way out???
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised it has lasted as long as it has.

I love this palette. Reminds me a bit of Dean Road....

This tile trend I've been seeing a ton of on HGTV is one that I think will scream "dated" in less than five years:

It's a strong pattern on a floor and to me, it overwhelms a kitchen when used for the backsplash.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
WTG, I think you and I mostly agree on interior matters...

Although, that tile patterns already screams dated to me Yes

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I like gray in moderation.

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:

The key words.... And what most interior decorators seem to have forgotten in recent years....

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:

Same here, and there are some beautiful grays But it gets pretty oppressive when not mixed with more vibrant colors. I particularly like SW Agreeable Gray (someone gets paid to think of these things). Pale and warm. Looks great in our remodeled guest bath with bright white tile.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Oh noes. I’ll have to repaint my interiors now.

Gray and proud for now. We did it before it became a thing, so we don’t follow the trend du jour. Gray is calming.

Maybe I‘ll start Gray Pride Month, lol.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
I'm surprised it has lasted as long as it has.

This tile trend I've been seeing a ton of on HGTV is one that I think will scream "dated" in less than five years:

It's a strong pattern on a floor and to me, it overwhelms a kitchen when used for the backsplash.

Agreed. It's expensive but looks cheap.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's expensive but looks cheap.

Even worse!

You know, I feel like, these days, there are more things about which this complaint could be made... Or is it just me?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
I love this palette. Reminds me a bit of Dean Road....

Me too. I really like it.

[quote]This tile trend I've been seeing a ton of on HGTV is one that I think will scream "dated" in less than five years:

I don't like any of the busy tile patterns like that, except maybe the floor in a Spanish revival building.

Christina Al-Moussah (Flip or Flop) makes a lot of money picking out tiles like it and I've never understood the fascination.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:

Gray is calmingdepressing. fify

LOL

I have avoided buying cars with gray interiors for many years.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have avoided buying cars with gray interiors for many years.

We had one car with a gray interior. We discovered that dirt is brown.

All our cars since have had tan/brown interiors.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
No way we are going to live with white upholstery, but I think this is outstanding!

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Steve, I agree, that's lovely. It's not all beige-y but avoids the dreary and cold feeling that gray often has.