well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Finally I’m watching a debate live
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally I’m watching a debate live
 Login/Join

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I watched live for the firdt time too. The more I see of Warren the less I like her. I dont trust her. I was impressed by both Klobuchar and Steyer. I agree with Bernie's vision for America and I think he would trounce Trump--mostly because he's the only one on that stage that can reach Trump voters. But i still think he would be an ineffective president because the oligarchs are still in charge of what happens. They would not let his agenda materialize.

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21283 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I actually think Bernie is underrated on electability too.

I was more impressed with Klobuchar than I expected to be. And I though Steyer held his own. He has the demeanor more of an early Ed teacher than a hedge fund billionaire.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
What Jon said. Can we stop with the “Liz is the woman and simply must win” thing? She’s just not that good.

It’s insulting.
Agreed. I think her campaign has shown she'd be a terrible president. She's been in reactive mode rather than leadership throughout, now she's tossing out 'I'll pay off your student debt without Congress!'. It's time for her to go away.

Amen.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37652 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
And I though Steyer held his own. He has the demeanor more of an early Ed teacher than a hedge fund billionaire.

Based on the frequency of the Tom Steyer ads here in Nevada, and my visceral reaction to them, I would currently vote for a trump/Hitler ticket over Steyer…

Posts: 10333 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we're getting inundated by Steyer ads as well. So far, no Bloomberg, so there's that.

I didn't watch it. The only candidate that excites me is Buttigieg, but I don't think he'd be elected. I'm all in on someone that's smart and speaks well. I thought his interviews in the past several days after the Iran kerfluffle were very good. I hope that, if the Dems prevail, there is a spot for him. Ditto Warren. I think she did a good job in Obama's administration. I'm not sure she would make a good president. However, I will vote enthusiastically for any of these candidates this fall, and I'm not a Bernie fan, not at all.

Posts: 35361 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We were getting bombed with Steyer ads for years, including the ones he ran before he became a candidate.

https://www.politico.com/story...election-2014-110056

Bloomberg ads have been running strong here since he announced. His are quite good, in that they talk about things that ordinary people care about. His current topic is health care, and in particular insurance.

He's heading directly for Trump and isn't trying to diss the other Dem candidates, which I think is great (this is why Warren drives me nuts).

Even if his candidacy doesn't go anywhere, I think he's scoring some good points for the Dems in general.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37652 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg is the only candidate in the bunch I would be OK with.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13509 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Seen on Twitter:

“Elizabeth Warren suddenly remembered Bernie Sanders is sexist, 2 weeks before an election, and now she’s so mad at him she won’t shake his hand. Seems real.”

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
He probably said what many people have said: “This country isn’t ready for a female president.”

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
He probably said what many people have said: “This country isn’t ready for a female president.”

Who ever said that?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34798 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Nobody really believes it and the only people who ever say it are the people who really want a female president. Everybody wants to feel like an underdog, or failing that, they want to feel like they root for underdogs. It gives their lives meaning.

Meanwhile, over here in reality, everybody on the right or left would happily vote for a woman if the woman supported politics which resonated with the voter. Of course, the same goes for skin color. The right would be happy to vote for a conservative of color.

It's the left that perpetuates the lunacy about identity overwhelming all other things. And they perpetuate it because it makes them feel good about themselves. Unfortunately it's resonating less and less with the sane parts of the electorate, because again, over here in reality, it's just nonsense that people live their lives categorizing people so stupidly.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Matt Taibi:

https://www.rollingstone.com/p...abeth-warren-938365/

(h/t Mik)

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post

Warren: You called me a liar

Sanders: You called *me* a liar

Steyer [wandering over]: Hey guys what's up uhhh some debate huh

Warren and Sanders: SHUT THE **** UP TOM

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
She is a disaster that we don't need.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I don't think CNN was going after Bernie because they wanted to endorse someone else. They were just going for the political theater and debate as entertainment viewers. I'm surprised they didn't broadcast it as a 4-in-a-box.

It's also frankly quite insulting to imply that the only thing that women voters want in a candidate is lady parts.

Posts: 35361 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post