well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Finally I’m watching a debate live
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally I’m watching a debate live
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Anyone else? Thoughts?

How about Warren’s accusation of Bernie and his response?

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
If a democrat is elected in 2020 I’ll bet Steyer is appointed either energy or interior secretary.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I haven’t watched any debates before this but Klobochar came off better than I expected.

Actually I’d say none of them had a bad night.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I liked Mayor Pete’s closing statement.

Never Offline
posted Hide Post
In this age of political in-fighting, I was heartened to see that they all appear to have reached consensus that women are superior to men. None of the men so much as dared question that idea the several times it was presented by the women on the stage.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I think it was a good night for Biden and Bernie. If only because there were no major defining moments that might change things.

Never Offline
posted Hide Post
By that same token, I was troubled, deeply so, by Sanders having man-splained to Warren in their private meeting that "a broad could never possibly become president, so just stop trying you stupid girl". OMG I can't believe he said that! I had thought those sorts of ideas had gone out of style in the '50s. But then again, when was that guy born, right?

I used to have respect for Sanders supporters, but to support him in light of these new revelations would be unconscionable.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
He said he never said that

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21344 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I believe Bernie on this. I think this was a calculated lie by Warren. I mean, she can’t lose to Bernie in both Iowa and NH and still be viable, so she’s doing what she thinks she needs to do. The timing is pretty obvious.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Yeah, I believe Bernie on this. I think this was a calculated lie by Warren. I mean, she can’t lose to Bernie in both Iowa and NH and still be viable, so she’s doing what she thinks she needs to do. The timing is pretty obvious.

Damn. Don”t like that, but think Bernie is too smart to have said that

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I don’t much care for either one of them. At this point it’s just noise.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
quote:

But it’s deeper than that, he’s too smart to have thought it, let alone said it. I mean, Hilary won 3MM more votes than Trump. A few 10s of thousands in a couple states she’d be president. And she was flawed as hell and was clotheslined by Comey in the last week of the campaign.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
What Jon said. Can we stop with the “Liz is the woman and simply must win” thing? She’s just not that good.

It’s insulting.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
quote:

But it’s deeper than that, he’s too smart to have thought it, let alone said it. I mean, Hilary won 3MM more votes than Trump. A few 10s of thousands in a couple states she’d be president. And she was flawed as hell and was clotheslined by Comey in the last week of the campaign.
Agreed. Haley 2020.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
What Jon said. Can we stop with the “Liz is the woman and simply must win” thing? She’s just not that good.

It’s insulting.
Agreed. I think her campaign has shown she'd be a terrible president. She's been in reactive mode rather than leadership throughout, now she's tossing out 'I'll pay off your student debt without Congress!'. It's time for her to go away.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post